*WE LOVE TO CHAT 4/23* | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

*WE LOVE TO CHAT 4/23*

Last post Apr 29, 2012 3:12 PM by 16281628 . 95 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 7 of 7 (96 items) < First34567
  • Re: *WE LOVE TO CHAT 4/23*

Trailmom--several of my cats have chosen me, as well.  The current--and only--one chose a friend in the country and she couldn't keep him.  He's turned into a pretty loving little guy--with me--but not with the vets.  He's a screaming, fighting banshee there so the vet and I mutually decided on three-year rabies shots and no checkups in between unless something is wrong.  Seriously.  It took an aide with arm-length gauntlets and a blanket to subdue him enough for his last shot and checkup. With me he's a sweetie.

My friend Betty has a black cat that's been hanging around outdoors for the last two years.  At first she just kept telling him to "Get out of here!" because he kept beating up on her other male cat. He's persistent though and she's resigned to taking care of him and getting him shots.  A local refuge paid to have him neutered.  That's how my Sammy lost his "dignity" when she had him, too. Anyway, this tomcat is now officially known as "Get Out of Here".

Thanks for asking about my sister.  She's had some time to settle into the nursing home but still isn't talking much. She did talk a little to my nephew yesterday. They plan on getting her up in a chair this week. Her roommate uses a wheelchair and is never in the room.  I guess she enjoys chatting with the other residents during the day.  It turns out she went to the same church as my sister so they have something in common.

My niece--my brother's daughter--called this afternoon to tell me that now he's in the hospital here in town.  He had gotten so weak they took him to the emergency room.  They took a CAT scan because they were worried that he might have developed a brain tumor but that turned out negative, thank God.  Turns out he has pneuomonia and was admitted.  His doctor seemed to feel that they could knock this down fast enough that he can go to Rochester for his treatments later this week.  There's so much going on right now it's getting difficult to take it all in. All I can do is just pray for everyone.

Wow--those Brussels sprouts sound good.  Perhaps you could add a little leek, a pinch of nutmeg, maybe. Thyme might be good with them as another thought.

Time to log off.  I have a book waiting.  Talk to you later.

False

Lilly, I used to have a lovely recipe for Briussels sprouts that entailed a white sauce.  I just took a quick look but cannot see it.  However, I seem to remember sauting some onions before making the white sauce.  A little bit of white wine added to that would be good so maybe onions could be a good addition to your recipe.

Tasty

False

Tasty - I found a few recipes - I am going to look at them all. At first I thought it might have had a few pearl onions - but not according to the waiter. I do not think it had bread crumbs. Birdy - I have been thinking about a little nutmeg also - sounds perfect with the gruyere. Some recipes had parmesan - but I did not taste that.

Lilly

False

Birdy - saw your recipes - especially like the second one. I added a couple of others I found. Definitely want to figure this puzzle out!

Lilly

False

Lilly:  Ck these out by Emeril

1st one uses Gruyere cheese but they both sound good.

Brussels Sprouts Gratin Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

Brussels Sprouts Gratin. Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, Emeril'sFood of Love Productions, 2006. Show: The Essence of Emeril Episode: Holiday Gathering

www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-​lagasse/brussels...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/brussels-sprouts-gratin-recipe/index.html

Emeril's Brussels Sprout and Cheddar Cheese Bake Emeril Kicks Up Brussels Sprouts

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=9046668

Emeril's Brussels Sprout and Cheddar Cheese Bake Recipe - ABC ...

You might have to play around with these 2 sites.  My documents wouldn't let me copy and paste. I think I know "why".

-

False

Thanks Geema! I copied them into the Brussie's thread! Wow - we have a Brussie's thread! LOL. Can't wait to start testing these out!

Lilly

False