What Shall I Fix with 1 Pound Of Ground Beef??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What Shall I Fix with 1 Pound Of Ground Beef???

Last post Oct 13, 2010 7:42 PM by SusanMarie1956 . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • What Shall I Fix with 1 Pound Of Ground Beef???

Anyone have any ideas?

Please post your favorite recipe here that has 1 POUND of Ground Beef in it...:-)

~ Susan

False
  • Re: What Shall I Fix with 1 Pound Of Ground Beef???

Lots of ideas and they don't have to be casseroles either.  I love this one:

BBQ Beef Bowl

1 lb ground beef, lean
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 yellow onion, chopped
    1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 cup frozen corn
    1/2 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce

1. COOK meat with peppers and onions in large skillet on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until meat is browned, stirring occasionally.

2. ADD tomatoes, corn and barbecue sauce; mix well. Reduce heat to medium, simmer 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.

3. SERVE over rice. Top with shredded cheese and green onions

Servings: 4

Note: For spicier flavor, stir in hot sauce or ground red pepper (cayenne) to taste.

False

Beef Patties In Onion Gravy

Good "stand-by" meat-and-potatoes meal. This goes over big with husband and kids. Easy, quick, and tasty comfort food.

Patties:
    1 pound ground beef
    1 egg
    1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
    1/2 envelope dry onion soup mix
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    Gravy:
    1/2 envelope dry onion soup mix
    2 cups water
    2 tablespoons flour

1. Combine all patty ingredients;mix thouroughly with your hands and shape into 4 patties.
    2. Spray a non-stick skillet, and brown patties on both sides.
    3. Add dry onion soup mix and 1 1/2 cup water.
    4. Cover pan tightly and simmer for 20 minutes.
    5. Remove patties to a plate.
    6. In a gravy shaker or jar, combine 1/2 cup water with 2 tbs. flour.
    7. Stir flour and water into onion gravy.
    8. Stir constantly with a whisk until it comes to a boil.
    9. Boil 1 minute.
    10. Return patties to pan.
    11. Serve with mashed potatoes or hot cooked noodles.

Servings: 4

Prep Time:: 10 minutes

False

Crumbled Thai Beef

1 tsp vegetable oil
    3 red chili peppers, finely chopped
    1 lb ground beef
    1 1/2 Tbs fish sauce
    4 springs onions, chopped finely
    1 lime, juice of  or lemon, juice of
    1 cup chopped cilantro

1. Put the oil in a frying pan and saute for a couple of minutes until aromatic.

2. Add the beef and cook stirring over high heat until browned.

3. Add the fish sauce and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.

4. Toss in the spring onions, juice and coriander.

5. That's it- ready to serve as you wish (if you can stop eating it straight from the pan!).

Servings: 2

Prep Time:: 5 minutes

Note: I got this one from Nigella. It is SO easy and very tasty. Nigella recommends serving it in lettuce wraps, but I have used it in tortillas and even as the filling for spring rolls which were to die for! Enjoy.

False

Interesting timing since this recipe just showed up this morning on the "A year of Slow Cooking" website:

Zesty Burger Soup (CrockPot)

1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained (or turkey)
    2 10.5 oz can Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes & Chilies
    1 15 oz can whole kernel corn, undrained
    1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1/2 cup dried beans soaked overnight)
    4 cups chicken broth
    shredded cheddar cheese (to add later, optional)

1. Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Brown meat in a skillet on the stovetop, and drain. Put into your cooker. Add the whole cans of tomatoes and chiles and corn. Drain and rinse off the beans and add. Pour in the chicken broth.

2. That's it! Really!

3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the flavors have melded. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and buttered bread (we found a great new bakery close by that has gluten free baguettes. SCORE!)

Servings: 6-8

Nutrition (per serving): 78 calories, 11 calories from fat, 1.2g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1017.2mg sodium, 247.9mg potassium, 12.5g carbohydrates, 1.9g fiber, 4.2g sugar, 4.4g protein.

Web Page: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Author Notes
    You can stretch the leftovers for burrito or taco filling the next night--the liquid absorbs quite a bit into the beans and meat overnight.

False

YesYesYesYes

False

Actually, the list is endless.  We have posted many here in this forum, which you may find by looking at the recipe index that Tasty has compiled for our use....  But, this is a fun question and may generate lots of conversation.  Good idea !

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I just posted tis becasue that was my problem at he moment... But I can see it's generating a LOT of good recipes!

BTW... I settled on Enchiladas...:-) But keep recipes coming... this is fun.

Susan

False

Individual Meatloaves for Two

2 teaspoons olive oil

1 cup onions, chopped

1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

2 Tablespoons chicken broth*

1 Tablespoon tomato paste

1 pound ground beef

1/4 cup bread crumbs

1 large egg

1/2 cup catsup

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown.

Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly.

In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and egg, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meatloaf will be dense.

Divide the mixture into 2 portions and shape each portion into a small loaf on a sheet pan. Spread with desired amount of catsup on the top of each portion.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature is 155 to 160 degrees F and the meat loaves are cooked through. Serve hot.

*Note: If chicken broth not available, consider milk or water.

One pound of meat should yield leftovers if serving two - so this may serve three, might be light for four as meat will cook down and be less than four ounces per person. If your family loves meatloaf like my family - will not be enough.

False

This is a new one for me, but I definitely like it. Tastes like an oven version of Cubbybear's Crockpot Enchilada Casserole. It is actually one of the new McCormick Recipe Inspirations Recipes. ALso has the distinction of being a good one for ABC recipes since it starts with a Q (LOL).

Quesadilla Casserole (McCormick Recipe Inspirations--the ones where you buy the card with the recipe and spices already measured out and other ingredients and then make it according to the recipe)--This tastes just like an oven version of Cubbybear's Crockpot Enchilada casserole.

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
    1 onion, diced (it called for 1/2 cup)
    16 oz. tomato sauce
    1 t. chili powder
    1 t. ground cumin
    1 t. minced garlic
    1/2 t. oregano leaves
    1/2 t. ground red pepper (optional)
    8 3/4 oz. can whole kernel corn, undrained
    15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
    4 oz. can diced green chilies, undrained
    6 flour tortillas (8 inch diameter)
    Two c. shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Brown beef and onion in large skillet on medium high heat; drain. Add tomato sauce, beans, corn, and green chilies; mix well. Stir in all of the spices except red pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add red pepper if using (I used it and it wasn't hot). I did the layering slightly differently. I used 1/3 of ground beef on bottom of 9 x 13 greased pan. Top with 3 tortillas, overlapping as needed. Top with another 1/3 of meat mixture and 1/2 of cheese. Put the other 3 tortillas on top of the cheese layer, then use remaining meat mixture and remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

False

Faith is not demanding what we want; it is trusting God's goodness in spite of life's tragedies. Dave Branon

Hamb. & Rice

1 lb. hamb, browned with

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 cup rice

2 cups water

Bring water to a boil.  Add rice and simmer for 20 min.

Drain hamb.  Add 1 can Cream of mushroom soup, and 1 can of milk.  Mix together over low heat.  Add rice and heat through.  Eat like this or use as stuffing for stuffed peppers or Zucchinni boats.  If you eat it like this then add 1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers, if you like.

False

That sounds GOOD!!! Yes

False

YesYesYes

False
    The other night, I made a delicious Beef Bolognese sauce. 1 lb. beef..........2 onions, chopped............1 carrot, grated........2 cloves garlic, minced........... 1/2 C red wine........2 cans crushed tomatoes.......1 can tomato paste............2 tbs. olive oil..............1 1/2 tsp. oregano.........1 tsp. basil........salt and pepper. ..................In a big pot, add olive oil and brown meat............Add all the vegetables and cook for a few minutes............Add S& P and the herbs.............Add the wine...........Add the tomatoes...........Cover and reduce heat..........Cook for a few hours to really blend the flavors...........Pour over your favorite pasta or even make an interesting sloppy Joe.
    False

When the tides of life are against you

And the current upsets your boat

Don't think of things that might have been

Just lay on your back and float

Ed Norton     1954

The Honeymooners

RanchStyle Bean Stew 

Good on a cool day and easy to make!

3 medium potatoes  - cubed and boiled

1 pound hamburger meat - scrambles

2 15  oz cans of Ranch Style Beans

Mix all together and serve with corn bread. 

False

Ric Smile