Cutting fudge | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cutting fudge

Last post Feb 04, 2006 9:12 PM by zakons . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Cutting fudge
    I was wondering what the best way is to cut fudge to have smooth edges the whole way around. Thanks!!
    False
  • RE: Cutting fudge
    I line the pan I'm going to pour it into with foil making sure it overlaps the edges of the pan. Then when it has set, just lift it out of the pan by the foil edges, set on a flat surface and cut away.
    False
    As soon as it will hold a groove, lightly score it with a sharp knife. Then after it sets up, cut with the thinnest sharp knife you have. The thinness of the kife does seem to make a difference.
    If anyone else has a better solution, please, let's hear it.
    False
    Would a pizza cutter work?
    False
    have you tried dental floss? that cuts cake and i don't see why it wouldn't work for fudge. . .line the pan as mew said. . .lift the foil out. . .take a long piece of floss, stretch it tight between your hands and use a sawing motion. . .should work fine. . .

i would be sure not to use the flavored floss. . .
    False
    I do what mew does, except I use plastic wrap to line the pan. I lightly spray it with no-stick spray. When the fudge has completely cooled and set, I remove it from the pan, place it on a cutting board and using a HUGE knife, I cut it into quarters and then each quarter into 1-inch squares. I place the tip of the knife on the cutting board and rock the blade down and through each piece. That way, I get a nice clean cut with smooth edges.
    False
    Best tool I've found for cutting fudge, brownies, pizza, pies, and even some cakes is a dough scraper. Just position the scraper where you want your cut, press straight down--no sawing--and I get the cleanest cuts ever.
    False
    wARM YOUR KNIFE BEFORE YOU CUT AND IT SHOULD SLIDE RIGHT THROUGH.
    False
    Like Trennary I use a dough scrapper. I position it about 1 inch from the edge and push straight down then as I move across the fudge over lap each cut by an inch or so to keep your line straight....You have 1 inch
    pieces with a clean cut.

Daw-Daw
    False
    We have used the better quality plastic disposable knives with much success in cutting fudge and brownies. No need to warm it or coat it with cooking spray. I will try the dough scraper, though--great idea.
    False
    I grease my knife just a little. It really helps.
    False
    The way I cut brownies and fudge, I put the pizza cutter under water, shake the water off, and it cuts like a charm.
    False
    A good hint in making fudge. Line the pan with tin foil and butter the tin foil..When fudge is cooled, cut with a pizza cutter. Works like a charm.
    False