Cleaning George Foreman grill | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cleaning George Foreman grill

Last post Oct 19, 2005 1:32 AM by herekittykitty . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Cleaning George Foreman grill
    Hi! In the current TOH issue, a reader alludes to a great tip for cleaning the George Foreman grill which was apparently published in a prior issue before my subscription started. Can anyone PLEASE share!! I despise cleaning my grill!!! Thanks much!
    False
  • RE: Cleaning George Foreman grill
    I don't know what that particular tip was, but when I use mine, after the food is cooked, I turn off the grill, fold up a paper towel or 2 (about 4 thicknesses), wet it, and lay it in the hot grill while we eat. By the time we're done eating, the steam from the towel has loosened the food and all you have to do is a quick wipe. No trouble at all.
    False
    I line the grill with parchment paper and top the food with another piece of paper. It avoids the problem to begin with and the foods taste just as good.

DD
    False
    Here is one of the tips that has been listed in TOH.
    Sue

I like using my George Foreman grill, but sometimes food really gets cooked onto it, making it difficult to clean. So now when I’m done cooking, I unplug the grill and let it cool slightly. Then I place a few wet paper towels inside the grill, close it and let it steam as it cools completely. This makes cleanup a breeze.
    —Rickie L., Farmington, New Mexico
    False
    I never clean my George Foreman grill because I line it with nonstick foil. I tear off 2 pieces and arrange them on the grill before heating it up. Then I place the food between the pieces of nonstick foil (if you don't have nonstick foil, I imagine you can use regular foil sprayed with cooking spray) and when the food is done I simply wad up the foil and toss it.

Done :)
    False
    When I remove the food from the grill, I unplug it and turn it with the front edge over the side of the sink and pour some of the dishwater over the bottom of the grill, it usually is the worst, and while still hot use the dish cloth to wipe it off. You have to be careful so you don't get burned. You could probably use a soft brush to do the job.
    False
    non-stick foil works well. We tried using regular foil (not sprayed) and sausage patties did stick. We use the non-stick foil on the bottom only--then remove that & add wet paper towels as suggested above. Cleans up in a snap if done right after the meal. No worry about it being too hot, either.
    False
    Never had a problem. Just a wet paper towel on the grids, close it, after you eat, open it and wipe clean with more wet cloths with a little dish soap on them. Rinse with more wet paper towels. No big deal.
    False
    This is what I do, I leave the grill on and then take about 3 paper towels and wet them, do not ring it out. I then place them on the grill and let the steam clean it. then all you need to do is wipe it off. Very easy.
    False
    there are a lot of posts about GF grills so maybe a search will help you with different ones. I found a tip on here to use ice cubes-then I put on wet handiwipe or old dishcloth, soak & wipe when done eating.
    False
    The grill has a non-stick surface. Foil is metal (NEVER supposed to be used on non-stick). Aren't you worried about the damage the foil is doing to the non-stick coating? and the danger if one day someone uses the grill without foil and ingests the dangerous, carcinogenic teflon flakes that were scratched off by the foil?

False
    I usually wipe mine down after it cools with my dish cloth after I get the dishes done. I never have any problems cleaning it then and it is cooled enough so I do not get burn by it.
    False

Pamela

With my old GFG, i like every one else wet paper towels and placed them between the grills while we ate dinner.However i discovered the new removable grills. And what a wonderful discovery !! On my old grill i noticed that before you heat it up if you spray a non stick spray it will be easier to clean. Kitty
    False