zucchini bread | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

zucchini bread

Last post Sep 06, 2006 3:15 PM by mommyin07 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • zucchini bread
    Zucchini bread sinks in the middle. I've tried fresh soda, baking powder, different baking times, help!
    False
  • RE: zucchini bread
    I make zucchini bread and chocolate zucchini cake quite often, using shredded zucchini that I have frozen. I have found that when I make the bread, I have to squeeze quite a bit of the liquid out of the zucchini; when making the cake, I leave all the liquid in the zucchini, otherwise it will be too dry. Perhaps this will help with your bread problem.
    False
    Love to Cook 5
    I would suggest adding a little more flour and/or drain the freshly shredded zucchini in a wire strainer to get rid of the extra moisture that collects after shredding. Hope this helps!!
    False
    I have the same problem with my zucchini bread sinking in the middle. Sounds like I tried all the same things you have and what I have found is that the only time my bread doesn't sink in the middle is when I use a small loaf pan (3x6 size). Good luck to you!

:-)
    False
    I dice the zucchini and put it with all wet ingredients in the blender to mix, then pour that into the dry ingred. Don't know if that helps or if it is the ingredients, but mine makes two loaves and they come out perfect.
    False
    I'm going to try making cranberry/zucchini mini loafs. I have never shreaded zucchini before. Do I leave the skin and seeds or remove them?
    False