frenched' cut chicken breast | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

frenched' cut chicken breast

Last post Jun 28, 2013 3:47 PM by Hunnytree . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • frenched' cut chicken breast
    I can't find what this means. Bobby Flay has a grilled bone in chicken breast and it states "frenched'" chicken breast.
    Help
    False
    svejkat
  • RE: frenched' cut chicken breast
    hummmmm, new one to me : ) A "Frenched" lamb chop or chicken leg would have the meat scraped & pushed up from the bony tip to the meatier part. Never heard of the breast being Frenched, & my DS the chef has my books that I'd usually refer to.
    Cali
    False
    Here is Bobby Flays recipe;

Home > Recipes

Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Peach Glaze Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
    Show: Hot Off the Grill with Bobby Flay
    Episode: Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Peach Glaze

Spicy Peach Glaze:
    2 cups peach preserves or jam
    1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
    Salt and freshly ground pepper
    8 Frenched" chicken breasts
    4 ripe peaches, cut in half and pitted

False
    svejkat
    Boy, this is a new one to me ~~ but then everything Bobby Flay does confuses me! I've tried watching his shows, and every time I turn it off before it ends. Sorry, can't help.

Sandy
    False
    Love to Cook 5
    Thanks for trying
    False
    svejkat
    What a good question....something I had never heard of either. I looked it up and tried to send you a picture, but, I'm not too good at that, so here is what I found out.

A frenched' chicken breast is a whole or half, bone in chicken breast that still has the wings attached, but the wing tip and second joint is removed leaving only the drumstick portion of the wing.

If you go to ask.com and ask the question there is a link that says" here is what a frenched' chicken breast looks like" click onto that link for the picture. Anne
    False
    Thanks for the response. I now have a new website and know what frenched chicken is. My chicken breasts do not have the wings but the next time I buy a whole chicken I will know what to do.
    Thanks
    False
    svejkat
  • Re: frenched' cut chicken breast

svejkat
    I can't find what this means. Bobby Flay has a grilled bone in chicken breast and it states "frenched'" chicken breast.
    Help

False

Oh!  I know, I know!!!  My husband and I recently took a cooking class at Stonewall Kitchen in York, ME.  The main dish that was demonstrated was called "Statler" chicken.  It was braised.  The chef told us that Statler cut of chicken was first served at the Statler Hotel in Boston.  It is now the Park Plaza Hotel.  It's is really the "French Cut" which means boneless breast of chicken with the wing drumette attached. 

False

AnnStar

I just received the Bobby Flay recipe for Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Peach Glaze (called Bobby's Juicy Glazed Chicken)  in my inbox from Food Network today.....and when I saw "Frenched" chicken breasts I was like "HUH?"

Then I googled and found this forum with the same question.  (I'm also a subscriber to Taste of Home mag.)

AND

I found this GREAT video that shows you EXACTLY how to do it.  OK....I'm not sure I would EVER take the time and trouble to follow those directions - but at least now - I know HOW to FRENCH a Chicken Breast!

False