what to do with left over prime rib | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what to do with left over prime rib

Last post Jan 19, 2008 8:02 PM by Alaska_Prof . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • what to do with left over prime rib

I am looking for a way to use up the left over prime rib from Christmas dinner? Any suggestions.

False
  • Re: what to do with left over prime rib

I like to lightly brown it in some butter in a skillet and serve it on a toasted hoagie bun. If you have some leftover au jus from baking it, it makes a teriffic french dip sandwich.
    False

MissEllie,

Thanks so much for the tip!  Sounds good, I will give it a try tonight.

Jan

False

It would, also, make terrific Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches.

Kathy

False

Personally, my idea of a piece of heaven would be to slice it cold and thin, make a sandwich with mustard, horse radish and dill pckle slices. Wash it down with a good beer.

False

While I slice some thin slices for sandwiches, I use an old fashioned meat grinder and grind up the prime rib (ARG that hurts me, but...), carrots, potatoes, and onions.  Then, using some olive oil and butter, fry up the mixture to make hash.

No one in my family will eat the leftover prime rib, pity.  But they love the hash!  I also do this with any pork or beef roast I have left over.  We all love it.

Cathy

False

I can't imagine such a thing as 'left over prime rib!'  I like to use leftover  small pieces & pan drippings for veggie soup.  Awesome!!  May need to add some extra beef broth for more juice.

False

Make a nice, mixed greens salad and cube your meat up....oh, my!!! I'd be in heaven!!

False

cilla / NW FL               

September Fall Kids            

I use the lift overs for French Dip sandwiches.  Slice thin, reheat in microwave.  I use french bread that I spread with melted butter and broil until desired toastiness.  In the event that you don't have any AuJus left....a jar of mushroom gravy works just as well for dipping.

False
    Char

If you have a Panini maker make a sandwich and put it and toast it.

False
    Ilene

Send it here to Arizona! I'll eat it!Smile

False

Make hot roast beef sandwiches.  I make gravy using beef broth.

False

The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one has to do. ~Barrie

Math is fun!

Click for Soldotna, Alaska Forecast