BBQ sauce | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

BBQ sauce

Last post Sep 06, 2012 3:16 AM by kommetje . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • BBQ sauce

Im usually pretty good at sauces, but I cant seem to nail down a good BBQ sauce recipe.
    I like sweeter sauces with a hint of spice. Does any one have any good tips or recipes?

False

Kristin Williams

www.kristinsfoodisart.com

• Re: BBQ sauce

Hi, Kristen ~  I am utterly amazed that a blogger with her own very attractive website would be asking US for recipes for a BBQ sauce.  I wish I could help, but how can I be sure you won't post my recipe on your website? Not that I have anything outstanding or world shaking to offer, but I am sort of careful to protect not only my recipes but those of others.  Wishing you good luck with your blog and your search for the perfect sauce.  Let us know if you find it.  Yes

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

Beema

Hi, Kristen ~  I am utterly amazed that a blogger with her own very attractive website would be asking US for recipes for a BBQ sauce.  I wish I could help, but how can I be sure you won't post my recipe on your website? Not that I have anything outstanding or world shaking to offer, but I am sort of careful to protect not only my recipes but those of others.  Wishing you good luck with your blog and your search for the perfect sauce.  Let us know if you find it.  Yes

Haha, Thanks for complement on my blog! I dont know what it is. Like I said, I’m usually pretty good
    at sauces. but for some reason, BBQ just eludes me. I think its -because Im rather picky when it comes to my bbq so I think Im just not finding the specific taste im looking for. Im mostly looking for what other do so that I can try and develop my own. I feel like I just need to get put on the right path.

I understand about fear of sharing recipes. I am, however, extremely respectful when it comes to other peoples recipes. As my blogs name says, Food is Art and I would never claim another artists work as my own! :)

False

Kristin Williams

Kristen, here is a recipe that I have been using since 1954; it is one to baste over spareribs in the oven, turning about every 15 minutes, for the 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 325 for the ribs to be tender.

In a sauce pan, combine 1 cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1 minced garlic clove.  Cover,  and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.  This sauce can be made ahead and put into Mason jars, stored in the fridge for up to 2 months.  Enjoy. 

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

Beema

Kristen, here is a recipe that I have been using since 1954; it is one to baste over spareribs in the oven, turning about every 15 minutes, for the 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 325 for the ribs to be tender.

In a sauce pan, combine 1 cup vinegar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1 minced garlic clove.  Cover,  and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time.  This sauce can be made ahead and put into Mason jars, stored in the fridge for up to 2 months.  Enjoy. 

Thanks! Ill try it out.

False

Kristin Williams

Hi, new member here !

I was looking for bread baking tips when I came upon your post. I have an excellent BBQ Sauce Recipe, I have yet to meet a person who does not like it. It is from the Joy of Cooking 1974 and my cooking Bible. The sauce is a good basic you can add all kinds of flavor to your own taste.

Remember when cooking at high temps apply this sauce during the last 15 min. of cooking.

Combine in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring often, until the sauce comes toa a simmer:

1 1/2 cups ketchup, any time, or homemade

1 cup cider vinegar or redwine vinegar

1/4 cup worcestershire Sauce

1/4 cup soy sauce ( I use low sodium)

I cup packed light or brown sugar ( I use dark, I like the rich color it gives)

2tabelspoons dry mustard

4 tablespoons chili powder or to taste

1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger or 1 tsp. Ground

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tablespoons vegetable oil  you can also use almost any light oil, I like ricebran, or health y oils such as olive oil(light) It gives a nice sheen to the sauce.

3 slices of lemon (don't forget to remove the pits )

Simmer, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Remove the lemon slices if desired. This sauce will keep, covered up to two weeks refrigerated.

False

Waving hello from NY! Big Smile Looks like a great sauce!

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

Sauce sounds great! It is amazing how many different sauces there are out there and how they differ depending on what part of the country you are from!

The internet is a great source to find recipes for BBQ sauce and when you go somewhere that has great sauce - chat with the wait staff - they probably can't give you the recipe but may give a few hints!!!!!

False

Im excited to try this one out. Thanks! I wouldnt have thought to put lemon in it!

False

Kristin Williams

Waving hello back! Big Smile

False