crock pot mashed potatoes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

crock pot mashed potatoes

Last post Dec 03, 2004 11:30 AM by two4tea_MN . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • crock pot mashed potatoes
    As suggested in Taste of Home, I put my fresh hot mashed potatoes in the crock pot on the lowest setting, in order to prepare them ahead of time and keep them hot. After an hour and a half, they were not only burned and crusty, but because of the steam, water had collected on the lid causing the water to drip into the potatoes--- they tasted awful. If you haven't tried keeping potatoes hot in the crock pot yet, don't!! It was a complete disaster!
    False
  • RE: crock pot mashed potatoes
    I have done this before and they have been fine. I usually take the lid off and stir them around every half hour or so; perhaps that makes the difference.
    False
    I'm glad that you wrote about this. I was going to try holding the mashed potatoes using the crockpot. I won't now.
    False
    To make mash potatoes in the slow cooker..I cut and peel my potatoes in to cubes. Put water in the slowcooker over all the potatoes in it. Then let it cook until ready to mash. Drain and mash with whatever else I need. That way there not burnt like you mentioned.
    False
    I made my potatoes on Thanksgiving morning and put them in my slow cooker all day til 6pm. Mine were fabulous!!!!!!!! I'm gonna do this for every big meal from now on.
    I did stir mine several times throughout the day too.

Gail
    False