Roast Chicken recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Roast Chicken recipes

Last post Dec 20, 2005 2:19 PM by dutchmom4MI . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Roast Chicken recipes
    Anyone have any good roast chicken recipes? I'd like to roast two medium chickens on Christmas day. Nothing overly spicey--just a good moist roasted chicken. Thanks
    False
  • RE: Roast Chicken recipes
    The best recipe I have ever tasted is rinse and dry chicken, slosh a jigger of brandy inside, drain, put in small onion studded with cloves, half a peeled lemon and orange, rub outside with butter and roast uncovered for l hour at 350.
    False

Subject: Rec: & Rev:Orange Sticky Chicken
    Posted by: flipper78 Replies: 5 Posted on: 6/1/2004 7:31:41 PM
    #T360910
    Posted by: starshineeliz Replies: 4 Posted on: 5/30/2004 7:07:27 PM
    #T359894
    From the Recipe Goldmine BB:

Orange Sticky Chicken

1 large roasting chicken
    3 cloves garlic
    1 large orange

Spice Mix for one chicken
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon thyme
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    2 teaspoons paprika
    1 1/3 tablespoons salt

Place rinsed and prepared chickens in zip-top bags then rub all over, including cavity, with the garlic. Mix the spices, then sprinkle spice mix over the chicken. Massage the bag to coat coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate overnight.

Next day (12-24 hours later), remove chicken from refrigerator and fill cavity with a whole orange cut into chunks. Put in large roaster with deep sides and roast chicken 5 hours at 250 degrees F. After juices have formed (about 1 1/2 hours), begin basting every 30 minutes or so (or use a cooking bag).

To Freeze: This can be frozen with just the spice rub on before cooking, but I prefer to make several of these and cook them completely and freeze fully cooked. Simply bag and freeze. Warm in the microwave before serving.

Made this tonight and it was very tasty.

False

Here is a whole thread.

14 (!) Whole Chickens........ by Handmixer
    http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=406140&searchrep=4318730#search

False

Subject: My First "Beer Can Chicken"
    Posted by: carolinacooker Replies: 7 Posted on: 8/28/2004 5:07:08 PM
    #T404997

I'm a little "late in the game" in trying this way of fixing chicken but I think that I am sold on this method. I purchase a "Chick Can Rack" at Wal-Mart and made a wonderful tasting chicken yesterday evening.

I put an herb rub over the skin, placed the open beer into the holder and put the chicken on top and put the whole thing in a pie plate with 1/4 cup of water. Baked it in a 350ºF oven for a couple hour and WOW, it was great and easy! And the drippings made a wonderful base for gravy. Any other recipes or tips on this method will be greatly appreciated.

False

This recipe has had rave reviews from the time it was first posted. Can reduce the cayenne pepper, if desired.

-------------------

RE: ISO recipies for whole chicken
    Posted by: malrobsmom Posted on: 2/17/2002 7:26:51 PM
    #R190254

This is really good,but if you don't want that much salt you can leave it out or reduce it.

Sticky chicken

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 teaspoons salt
    2 teaspoons paprika
    1 teaspoon cayenne
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon thyme
    1 teaspoon white pepper
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 large roasting chicken
    1 cup chopped onion

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken and clean the cavity well and pat dry.
    Rub the spice mixture into chicken both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin,
    Place in a reseable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight,

when ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onion and place in a shallow baking pan,( I like to put mine in upside down until the last hour when I flip it over)
    Roast uncovered at 250* for 5 hours (yes,250* for 5 hours)
    start basting with pan juices after about 2-3 hours

This is so good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

False

Do you have a vertical roaster? Check out this thread.

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&replynum=1&threadnum=512356&catnum=&headnum=

False

Here is an idea, if you don't have a vertical roaster.

Posted by pckmd:
    Take a whole chicken and stik it on the horn of the pan, in a vertical position (you spike the chicken in its back end) Then bake it, and all the juice will drip down into the pan which you can save for pan gravy. But since every bit of skin will be exposed to the hot air, you will end up having a rotisserie style chicken. this works REALLY great with convection ovens.
    False