Cleaning Casserole Dishes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Cleaning Casserole Dishes

Last post Jan 29, 2004 11:22 AM by Callie123 . 1 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
  • Cleaning Casserole Dishes
    I don't know how many have run across this problem, but I was ready to throw my pretty glass casserole dishes away because they looked so awful. I found a solution to make them look brand new with little fuss. After washing and air drying, I put the casserole dish (usually upside down because it is the outside that gets the messiest) on a newspaper away from traffic (including animals) and spray it with oven cleaner and let it set at least two hours. All of the grime comes off and looks brand new. I did this with a dish that was several years old and it looked horrible. I did this to the dish and the lid and now they are clear class again. This can be done on colored casserole dishes also. I would not recommend on alumnium, however. If anyone has a solution for this, please let me know.
    False
  • RE: Cleaning Casserole Dishes
    I prefer to use non-toxic solutions for food containers.

Here's one that works for me. I make a paste of baking soda and water, spread on those yucky brown spots, let sit a few minutes or so, and scrub with a nylong scrubby. That also works on the range top, the inside of the oven, and it takes KoolAid and Grape Juice stains out of formica. Besides being non-toxic, Baking Soda is readily available, cheap, easy to use, won't scratch or damage the materials you use it on.

False