Freezing Bread Pudding | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Freezing Bread Pudding

Last post Jul 21, 2011 12:49 PM by Callie123 . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Freezing Bread Pudding
    Can I freeze bread pudding after it has been baked? The recipe made alot more that I realized.
    Thanks.
    Mary Ann
    False
  • RE: Freezing Bread Pudding
    I don't know for sure. I've never heard of freezing bread pudding. I don't know if it would be soggy when you thawed it out or not. Intrested in finding out.
    False
    Never tried it as it never lasts!
    False
    Posted this on the recipe board for you. Might get more answers there.
    False
    Yes you can. I portion it into single servings, freeze and then wrap in plastic for quicker thawing. The trick is defrosting it slowly in the fridge to serve chilled, or rewrap in foil and steam to serve warm. This will avoid further cooking -- no microwave here -- which will dry it out and make it so hard its inedible.
    False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

• Re: Freezing Bread Pudding

I am also looking for a reply to this question

False

Lindapearl answered the question...

Lindapearl

Yes you can. I portion it into single servings, freeze and then wrap in plastic for quicker thawing. The trick is defrosting it slowly in the fridge to serve chilled, or rewrap in foil and steam to serve warm. This will avoid further cooking -- no microwave here -- which will dry it out and make it so hard its inedible.

True

Online Community / Field Editor Manager

Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

PM me here, find me on Facebook or email me sue.stetzel@RD.com

Proudly serving as a Taste of Home Field Editor since 2009.Big Smile

It's usually not recommended to freeze anything like pudding or custard--anything with a high proportion of cooked eggs.  The texture is supposed to be adversely affected.  Of course, I don't always follow the rules, myself (I ALWAYS have cream cheese in my freezer--another no-no).  If you have more than you can use, what will it hurt to give it a try?  If you don't care for the defrosted product, you're no worse off than you are now, right?  

False