Can' find good old fahioned soup spoons any more | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can' find good old fahioned soup spoons any more

Last post Mar 11, 2013 11:45 PM by toutbien . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Can' find good old fahioned soup spoons any more
    Does anyone know where I can buy the round soup spoons anymore? I saw an add for them awhile back in Good Houskeeping magazine but I don't know what issue it was in anymore. I tried all the consignment stores around my house but they never seem to have them either. I can't figure out why they don't make them anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    False
  • RE: Can' find good old fahioned soup spoons any more
    I can't find them either, and if they are on line they are very expensive. Just keep looking at thrift shops, garage sales, etc, they are sure to turn up somewhere!
    :) -K
    False
    the round soup spoons are called a cream soup spoon, & I think that they just kinda went out of fashion. They are nice though, my Mom has some, but I just got the regular all-purpose soup spoon with my silver. Now the price is prohibitive! Cali
    False
    I have a set of silver from my mother-in-law. The soup spoons look like tablespoons. However I have some cheap stuff of my Mothers from the 60's. I have the round "cream" soup spoons, and I love them. And no, I don't know where to find them anymore.
    False
    I found mine in a flea market. They don't match any of my stainless patterns but oh, well. I love these spoons.
    Laura/Texas
    False
    Laura
    Go to www.bettycrocker.com & click on "shop catalog". Oneida flatware has several listings you can choose from. You can either order a catalog or order online. The products are good quality. My set has worn well with plenty of use & never a problem. Individual round bowl soup spoons can be chosen. I personally like them because they are more "drip-free" than the reg. tablespoons. Restaurant supply places might also carry them. : )
    False
    Hi! I also have Oneida silverware from Betty Crocker, and use the soup spoons every day (even prefer them for cereal, etc). Don't know if Oneida makes them with their other sets, the ones they sell in mass merchandise stores, but that might be worth a look.

Just FYI, you can often purchase from Betty Crocker without sending in their coupons anymore. Or if you want some coupons, let me know and I'll send them to you!
    False
    Getglad, I just opened my new Better Homes & Gardens magazine to a page with your soup spoons advertised! It's on page 116. I quote:
    "Soup spoons can be hard to find, but for soup lovers they are a necessity. -----you'll appreciate these heavy, polished-stainless steel, deep-based spoons, which measure 1½ inch round. From RSVP, the set of eight soup spoons costs $29.95, which includes shipping, handling, and applicable sales tax.
    To order with your MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express card, call 800/881-4066. Or visit the Web at www.bhgcatalog.com to order."
    Rosemary
    False
    I agree with the suggestion to try a restaurant supply store. I have had wonderful luck finding supplies that aren't available anywhere else. Good luck.
    False
    Hi. Try a resturant supply store. They carry all kinds of tableware. You will find your soup spoons to be very reasonable in price too. You may even find a match or close match to your own place settings.
    Have a great New Year.....
    Ladybug-gardener
    False
    pepmint, I too am looking for soup spoons, I went to the Betty Crocker site and it gave a price with points and one without ...what does that mean...
    False
    Vadare, on certain products you will find points on the outside of the box. Like Bisquick(10 points), Betty Crocker cake mixes (5 points), Total cereal (15 points), Honey Nut Cherrios cereal(15 points), etc. You cut out the points and save them and then are able to purchase things from the Betty Crocker catalog for a reduced amount.
    False
    Vadare, I'd suggest contacting Betty Crocker for a catalog first. Often their catalogs come with 100 'free' points. And sometimes they run a 'sale' where you can order for the same price without points. Or let me know and I'll send you as many as you need (have a whole envelope-full!).
    False
  • Re: Can' find good old fahioned soup spoons any more

You can find these traditional round soup spoons at CHEFScatalog.com. Search for item #26174.

False