Can you freeze sauerkraut? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you freeze sauerkraut?

Last post Oct 28, 2014 6:40 AM by reloct282rmail . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Can you freeze sauerkraut?
    I have alot of homemade sauerkraut and need to know if it can be frozen. Thanks
    False
  • RE: Can you freeze sauerkraut?
    I know you can succesfully freeze coleslaw so I think you could try sauerkraut. We used to make sk too but I canned it.
    False
    This is directly from sauerkraut.com:
    have frozen it 40 for years. When I remove it from the barrel I take the soggy top layer and discard it. I take a can of a size of whatever portion I want to freeze, remove top and bottom, set it in a wide bottm pan, fill it full of kraut and put freezer bag over top, tip can into bag partially, remove can, take air out of bag and tie it. It stays good for a very long time and no-one has ever noticed that it has been frozen. It retains its crispness and flavour.
    Hope this helps.
    False
    We buy plastic bags of sauerkraut at the supermarket all the time and freeze them. Never noticed any ill effects.
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    I make my own kraut every year. I used to can it but freezing is so much better and easier. I think it tastes so much fresher, like it just came out of the crock.
    I put it in foodsaver bags, turn the top down and freeze. The next day I seal it using the Foodsaver.
    False

Thank you so much am asking because I just come from shopping from Wal-Mart's and it cheap today about 1.50 normal a lot more then this the guy told me its cheaper then they buy it for. So am going back tomorrow to get 2 more bags Am

False

*** *** normal a lot more then this the guy told me its cheaper then they buy it for. So am going back tomorrow to get 2 more bags Am

Read more: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/22/p/7853770/reply.aspx#ixzz3HR234Mzu

False