wrap sandwiches | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

wrap sandwiches

Last post Aug 08, 2011 12:13 PM by StanleyBrad . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • wrap sandwiches
    I am looking for a good recipie for a wrap sandwich. Can anyone help?
    False
  • RE: wrap sandwiches
    Not really a recipe, just a technique. Pick whatever you want on the sandwich. A good round loaf. Cut loaf in half so you have 2 round halves. If you butter the inside it will not get soggy. Tomatoes do not work well. Go for the fancy type lettuces. Pick unusual meats like panchetta. They give a lot of flavor. Roasted peppers, salt and pepper. Wrap very tight in searane and place under other foods to flatten. ( you want the sandwich very full of toppings. It will take a couple hours to squish. Great for picnics.

Take a large tortilla and spread with strawberry cream cheese. Layer with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, favorite cheese and meat. Everything needs to be very thinly sliced. Roll up. Cut in half for presentation.
    False
    Bacon Roll Ups

1 (1 pound) loaf sandwich bread
    2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese,
    softened
    1 teas garlic powder
    1 teas dried parsley
    1 pound bacon, cut in half

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet. Cut the crusts off of the bread slices, then cut each piece of bread into three equal rectangles. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder and parsley. Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture on each bread rectangle and roll it up (like a sleeping bag looks rolled up). Wrap a slice of bacon around each of the bread rolls and secure them with toothpicks. Arrange the roll ups on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the bacon is crisp, approximately 10 minutes. Makes: 25 roll ups.

PARTY PINWHEELS

2 pkg(8 oz ea) cream cheese, softened
    1 pkg(.4oz)ranch salad dressing mix
    ½c minced sweet red pepper
    ½c minced celery
    ¼c sliced green pepper
    ¼c sliced green onions
    3-4 flour tortillas(10")

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese & dressing mix until smooth. Add red pepper, celery, onions, & olives; mix well. Spread about 3/4c on each tortilla. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hr. Slice into ½" pieces.

Yield:15-20 servings

False
    I just take flour tortillas, your favorite meat and cheese, mayo or mustard, and some lettuce (I like romaine), take the tortilla put on your condiment of choice then your cheese, meat and a piece of lettuce then roll it up slice in half on the diagional and serve!
    False
    Thanks to all for your suggestions it has been helpful. One question to jefrend VA, in your seond recipe you listed the ingredients and there are no olives but in the prepartion you talk about olives, are there olives or not? Just cheking, these sound really good and I jsut want to get them right! Thank again!
    False
    Hi! I've noticed at the deli in some of our stores that they have 'flatbread' specifically designed for wrapping. There are recipes on the package. The bread is more or less a tortilla and often they come in different flavors. One popular one at upscale snack stands is a Ceasar wrap--you put cooked chicken, romaine lettuce, parmesean cheese shreds, and Ceasar dressing on a large tortilla or other flatbread and wrap it up!

do have fun.
    False
    jefrend..what kind of olives for the pinwheel? black or green? Thanks Joanne
    False

Yes

False

Wow! Wrap sandwiches are really easy to make. I will give it a try. Haha, now I will prove to myself that I can make a you-will-forget-your-name wrap sandwiches. Thanks!

False

A home will be more comfortable if there is a Barcalounger located in any part of the home. It can be in the dining room, living room, bedroom or in the terrace.