1.5 qt crock pot | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

1.5 qt crock pot

Last post Jan 23, 2008 8:34 PM by Final4 . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • 1.5 qt crock pot

We are in need of recipes for our small crock pot. I'm looking for good web sites to visit. Can anyone help. Thanks

False
  • Re: 1.5 qt crock pot

I suggest you go to either google or ask.com & type in crock pot recipes....I'm sure you'll be directed to a huge amount of sites.  recipegoldmine.com is one & franks recipes (a site in Canada) is also a great one.

False

Here is a site that was on an old thread.  there is also a good thread on the board, but I haven't been able to pull it up yet.

http://www.nd.edu/~meiteljo/crockette.html

I have a 1.5 and it cooks fairly hot, even on low.  I can't leave it all day, better for 4-6 hours.

False
    I was hungry for Swiss steak and didn't have any round steak or cube steaks so I thawed out a package of stew meat.

I sliced up 2 onions and 1 green pepper. Put them in my 1.5 qt. crock pot. Placed the stew meat on top of that. Seasoned with salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and parsley flakes. Put a can of diced tomatoes over that with a 1/2 cup red wine and some hot banana peppers.

Cook on low for 5 hours or until beef is tender.

I have, since, started putting the green pepper and onions in about an hour before it is done as they cook down to nothing putting them in at the beginning.

Kathy
    False

Crock Pot Italian Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into nuggets
    1 envelope (.7 oz.) Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
    1/2 c. water
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) low fat cream cheese, softened
    1 can (10.5 oz.) fat free cream of chicken soup
    1 can (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Place chicken in bottom of crockpot. Combine salad dressing mix and water; pour over chicken and cook on low for 3 hours.

In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and cream of chicken. Mix til well blended. Then gently stir in mushrooms. Pour over chicken and cook for 1 hour.

Serve over rice; noodles or mashed potatoes.

Kathy 

False

Sweet and Sour Pork

1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless pork chops (I used 3 loin chops)
    1 (16 oz) can pineapple tidbits (I used an 8oz can)
    1/3 cup ketchup
    1/3 cup water
    2 Tablespoons soy sauce
    2 Tablespoons brown sugar
    2 Tablespoons cornstarch
    2 Tablespoons vinegar
    3/4 teaspoon salt (I didn't use that much at all)
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ginger
    2 Tablespoons oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 green pepper, cut into 1/2 pieces

Cut chops into bite sized pieces and sautee in canola oil.

Mix the remaining ingredients (except onion and green pepper) together and pour over pork in 1.5 qt crock pot. Cook on high for 3 hours. Add onions and green pepper the last 2 hours. If you add them at the beginning, they literally cook down to nothing.

Kathy

False
    Thanks for the recipes. I'm sending them to my 20 year old who is at school. That crock pot is the perfect size for her. Still looking for just the right web site to find that size recipes. And recipes from you all too.
    False

Since I only cook for myself I use my 1.5 quart crock-pot more often than my large one now.  I use the same recipes, but I just cut the recipe in half.  Works out well for me.

False

Well, there are two of us, but dh won't eat a lot of things I do, so I use mine a lot, too....Like instead of using 4 chicken breasts, in a recipe, I may just use one large or 2 small and adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly.

Kathy

False

That sounds good - great idea.  I love swiss steak but can't find the proper cut in the supermarket. What should I be looking for and should I have the butcher put it through a tenderizer?  Sometimes the cube steaks look "fatty" and cook up tough.  Also, how do you make swiss steak properly so that it's tasty and extremely soft?

False