How do you keep sandwiches fresh for the next day ex-tune salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwhich | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do you keep sandwiches fresh for the next day ex-tune salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwhich

Last post Mar 15, 2008 10:34 AM by catloverr2003 . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • How do you keep sandwiches fresh for the next day ex-tune salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwhich

False
  • Re: How do you keep sandwiches fresh for the next day ex-tune salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwhich

I'll be waiting for others responses to this question too.

When I take them for lunch I usually put my bread in a baggy and the salad in a dish and just make the sandwich at my desk.

False
    License
  • Re: How do you keep sandwiches fresh for the next day ex-tune salad sandwich or chicken salad sandwhich

Hi - first off you want to make sure the filling is 'sealed off' from the bread.  The best way to do this is with a very thin layer of butter.  Then line it with a leaf of lettuce.

Wrap the sandwich tightly in saran wrap, refrigerate... and you're good to go!  :) 

False

For me it would depend on how many sandwiches and when they would be needed.

I f possible I would have everything ready and would assemble them just before they are needed..

Again, it also depends on the curcumstances.

False

Make sure your bread is buttered,add your filling,dampen paper towels ,place over the sandwichs and cover good with saran wrap,will stay fresh.

False

I make the tuna salad the night before so it can chill and the flavors to meld. As for the sandwiches themselves, I make them in the morning (if you can call 4am morning lol).

It only takes a minute to assemble and wrap a couple sandwiches, no reason to make them the night before.

False

this is a great way to keep a sandwich, half and apple or anything else you might take for lunch fresh.  if you have a foodsaver appliance, get some of the new containers that some walmarts have or off the FS site. they are great!!!!!

sandee

False

My tuna, egg, ham, and chicken salad sandwiches are always made the night before, last thing I do before brushing my teeth and going to bed.  I am not a morning person in the least, so when the alarm goes off there's just enough time for a quick breakfast and getting ready for work.  Anyway, I don't do anything except put the tuna, etc. salad on the bread, put it in a zipper bag which goes in my insulated lunch bag, which goes in the fridge.  I don't have any problems at all.  At lunch time the sandwiches are just fine.

False