Recipe says to use a 8x8"pan,if i want to use a 13x9" pan,do I need to double the recipe. The recipe calls for 4 Cups of rhubarb,should I also double that? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe says to use a 8x8"pan,if i want to use a 13x9" pan,do I need to double the recipe. The recipe calls for 4 Cups of rhubarb,should I also double that?

Last post Jun 09, 2008 7:54 PM by Allspice_Mo . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Recipe says to use a 8x8"pan,if i want to use a 13x9" pan,do I need to double the recipe. The recipe calls for 4 Cups of rhubarb,should I also double that?

The recipe is one that I submited, it's called Rhubarb Pudding Dessert.

False
  • Re: Recipe says to use a 8x8"pan,if i want to use a 13x9" pan,do I need to double the recipe. The recipe calls for 4 Cups of rhubarb,should I also double that?

Yes, you'd want to double the entire recipe, if it's going to fit into a 13 X 9.  You'll also probably have to bake it a little longer.  Just keep an eye on it once it reaches the time recommended in the recipe--it probably won't take twice as long to cook, but will take maybe an extra 20-40 minutes or so, depending upon the recipe.

False
  • Re: Recipe says to use a 8x8"pan,if i want to use a 13x9" pan,do I need to double the recipe. The recipe calls for 4 Cups of rhubarb,should I also double that?

Callie is right.  An 8x8 pan is 64 square inches and a 9x13 is 128 square inches. I figure 64x2=124 so I know that it will be a good fit when I double the recipe.  You can figure the area of any pan and compare it to another to see if it will be 1 1/2 or double a recipe.  No fun when a pan overflows!

False

Could you please post your rhubarb recipe, I would love to try the 8X8 version as I don't have very much rhubarb.  Thanks

False