how to use convection oven? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

how to use convection oven?

Last post Feb 05, 2012 11:47 AM by patmot . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • how to use convection oven?

Hi.  I bought a nice convection oven at a yard sale. It has no instructions and I've never used one. It's round and says "CO-100".  On back it says Airlux. Airlux ssays they don't make them. I got library books on convection ovens but they just give recipes. Can anyone help me, please?

False
  • Re: how to use convection oven?

I suggest you contact Airlux via their website and request assistance with finding a manual.  Their website is:  http://www.airluxgroup.com/class.asp?lx=big&anid=13.  Another place to try is http://safemanuals.com/zearch_21.php, as you may have to locate a current model that's similar to yours and use its manual as a guide.  You could also go back to the home where you purchased it and ask them if they still have the manual.  Better yet, hopefully someone here may have the same model and can give you the gist of how it works.

False

I have the same oven and I also have the manual.  You can contact me at diannerheborg@hotmail.com and maybe I can answer some of your questions.  I could also copy the manual which includes recipes and send it if you provide an address

False

Hi !  Right after you offered to send a copy of the convection manual, I sent you my name and address.  You wrote back that you had to work but would try to send the copy soon.  Did you send it?  I didn't receive it.   I appreciate your offer so much.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Linda (cindyluhu).   My e-mail: lindastoto@yahoo.com

False

cindyluhu

Hi !  Right after you offered to send a copy of the convection manual, I sent you my name and address.  You wrote back that you had to work but would try to send the copy soon.  Did you send it?  I didn't receive it.   I appreciate your offer so much.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Linda (cindyluhu).   My e-mail: lindastoto@yahoo.com

Looks like the person who has the manual renegged on her offer. F Do like Red Savage suggested and contact the company. Click on the link in Red's post and scroll to the bottom of their website, then click on "contact us", you can email the company.

False

Thanks -- I appreciate all suggestions, but I DID contact the company.  TWICE.  They are in China.  Somewhere else I found where another person had also contacted them re the same product but they never received a reply,either.  I don't actually need specific directions,  just some basics.  This oven has a "water level", which I'm told is unusual for a convection oven (to use water). Thanks again.

False

Did you find a manual for this convection oven? I bought one at an auction and need the manual also.
    False

Sorry ---no, I never got a manual or any kind of info on the oven.  I spent lots of time on the 'net looking, and even tried contacting again that woman who said she had one. I'll keep your ema and let you know if I ever get some info.

False

Thanks I will keep looking too and let you know also.
    False

[ip   Would the person who sent me a "Private Message"  re the convection oven please try to reach me again.   The only address in the e-mail was Taste of Home.  You signed "pattar".   Thanks very much!

False

Cindyluhu,

After reading the post, I got out my convection oven (also bought at a yard sale-no directions).  From what I have gathered the water level is for cleaning the oven.  After you finish cooking-my has a setting for cleaning-you add water to the level on the oven and a little dish detergent and turn it on for about 1/2 hour. When you are done eatting the machine has almost cleaned itself.

I decided to try to use my last night.  I seasoned some pork chops and put the on the lowest rack, and scrubbed potatos and put them on the highest rack-note be sure and pierce the potatos before cooking in the oven as one of mine exploded. : 0  I set the oven for 350 for about a hour.  The pork chops were a little dry.  I think 45 minutes would have been better. 

Anyway I hope this helps you.  Later today I will see if I can get a manual for mine.  If I do, I will let you know (mine is a diffrent brand).

Brenda/Indiana

False

I got brave and baked a pork roast  in the  C-100. I was sure it was going to self-destruct or somthing if I turned the wrong knobs or whatever.  I set it at 350 degrees but since it has only an hour timer, I had to give it more time.  It turned out great!  Crispy on the outside, juicy and tender, and, according to my husband, more flavorful.

I appreciate the info on the "wash cycle" !    

False

My oven is galloping gourmet.  I went on line and found someone who sent me the web address.  It has recipes and how to operate the one I have, but I imagine yours is very similar.  It looks like some one copied it,  it is not perfect but prehaps will help.  Good Luck.

Brenda/Ind.

False

i have recieved the same oven how do i bake in it mine is missing the top rack and what is the water level for ? any info would be appreciated

False

i have recieved the same oven any info on how to work it would great and have you found out what the water level is for . mine is missing the top rack if i could get a pic of what the top rack looks like , i feel i can find one maybe at a second hand shop . thank you

False