punch recipe that uses jello | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

punch recipe that uses jello

Last post Nov 24, 2008 9:17 AM by enjoynature . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • punch recipe that uses jello

I have a punch recipe that calls for 9 oz of jello.  The directions say to boil 4 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar and cool.  After cooling it says to add the remaining ingredients which includes 9 oz of jello.  Does this sound correct?  Its hard to get the jello to dissolve when adding it after cooling.  Not counting the ginger ale which is added later, it is a total of 21 cups of liquid.

I tried it putting the jello in after cooling and the punch tasted great but I didn't get the jello dissolved and had to keep stirring the punch while serving.

Has anyone else used a punch recipe that has jello in the ingredients and if so, what does your recipe tell you to do?  Thanks.

False
  • Re: punch recipe that uses jello

Give me two seconds to find the one cookbook that is falling apart. It has a recipe in it I have tried before with jello. Be back.

False

JELLO PUNCH  
    1 sm. pkg. Jello (use any flavor to meet color scheme)
    2 c. sugar
    2 c. hot water
    2 c. cold water
    3 tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tall can pineapple juice
    1 bottle ginger ale
    Do in the above order and it will dissolve better. Add ginger ale when ready to serve. Makes 1 gallon and serves 50 punch cups.

from cooks.com

False

Thanks.  Will be waiting.

False

Here are two recipes:

first one Fruit Punch I have a mark by it that I made it sometime in my life.

2 cups sugar or less

2 quarts water

3 oz. pkg lemon jello

6 oz. can frozen orange juice

3/4 cup lemon juice

46 oz. can pineapple juice

2 quarts gingerale

bring sugar and water to a boil add gelatin and cool

stir in all other juices pour half of mixture inot each of two gallon jugs. Freeze.

four hours before serving take out of freezer add l quart gingerale to each gallon jug,

frozen gelatin punch

5 1/2 quarts water

5 3 oz. pkgs. strawberry gelatin

12 oz. can frozen lemonade

5 cups white sugar or less

46 oz. can pineapple grapefruit juice

20 oz. can crushed pineapple

gingerale to taste

heat just enough water to dissolve the gelatin and thaw the lemonade, stirring constantly. Add remaining water, sugar, juice and crushed pineapple. Mix thoroughly. Freeze in 4 half gallon containers. to serve thaw to slushy consistency and add gingerale to taste. Refreeze any unused punch at the end of the party.

False