Substitute for Spicy V8 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Substitute for Spicy V8

Last post Jun 07, 2012 2:32 PM by annrms . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Substitute for Spicy V8

Help I want to make a recipe tonight that calls for spicy v8 juice; but I only have regular v8 juice in the house.  Does anyone know what I can add to the regular v8 juice so it will be a substitute for the spicy v8?  Thanks for your help.

False
  • Re: Substitute for Spicy V8

red pepper flakes or cayenne powder....chile powder

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Go easy on adding the spices....  a little goes a long way when blended with tomatoes.  I love the Spicy V8, and use it a lot in my cooking, especially dishes like Chili, and soups.  You could actually make the recipe without adding any spices and it might be just right for your tastes.  Try it first, and then add a little hot sauce or one of the above until you have the flavor you are looking for.

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

Thanks Beema and shelleyjCA2AZ for your help

False

You are welcome.  Let us know how it turns out.  We like to know how our advice worked... or didn't. 

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

I am a big fan of spicy V8 and I worked for weeks to find a way to make the regular into spicy. Use the 64 ounce bottle, pour out 3 or 4 ounces into a glass, add one-half teaspoon cayenne pepper to the bottle and shake vigorously. Then pour back the glass and shake again. You can make it hotter to taste, but wait 4 or 5 hours because it takes that long for the spicy to be absorbed by the juice. Also, use the low sodium variety if you can.
    False

Hi, Racechef, and welcome to the Community. This is good information.  Thanks for posting.  Yes

False

My husband and I drink vegetable juice and tomato juice mixed 1:1.  We like the extra tomato taste.  We always add black pepper and Sriracha sauce which is a spicy chili sauce.  It's not as harsh as Tabasco.  It's hot but mellow.  Most grocery stores now stock it as it is mentioned on the Cooking Channel a lot. (www.huyfong.com)

False

AnnStar