Springform pan bottom - should I slide the cheesecake off? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Springform pan bottom - should I slide the cheesecake off?

Last post Feb 22, 2012 4:25 PM by holee . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Springform pan bottom - should I slide the cheesecake off?

When you make a cheesecake in a springform pan - are you supposed to somehow slide the cake off the bottom onto your serving dish?  I have never seen any recipe mention that, but all the pictures of cut-into cheesecake don't show the pan bottom, just a serving plate, and the beautiful pictures of uncut cheesecake on a plate or platter also don't show the pan bottom there.  How would you go about this, if so?  Any tips?

False
  • Re: Springform pan bottom - should I slide the cheesecake off?

When I've used a springform pan I lined it with parchment paper on the bottom so I could slide the cheesecake off of the pan for serving.   

False

You've nailed it.  The solution is usually in some little tidbit of information that the recipe leaves out, thinking that all cooks are master chefs.  To get the exact size piece of parchment paper (or tin foil would also work), invert the pan, place a sheet of the liner over the pan,  and leaving about inches all around cut a circle of liner.  When placing the line in the pan, make sure you have smooth edges. 

False

♥ Life is a song, sing it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a dream, realize it, Life is a sacrifice, offer it. Life is love, enjoy it. And, life is cooking, eat it. (Sai Baba & Judy)

♥ Judy Batson, Volunteer Field Editor, Taste of Home, 2009 ♥ Contest Winner, Country Woman, 2011♥ Meet me at Cooking for Two.

Don't know if it is because I make a different crust (Muerbeteig=short dough) but I have never had a problem sliding a cheesecake off the bottom of a springform pan. I use a long, offset spatula to make sure the crust is not sticking anywhere and it has always slid off perfectly.Then again, my cheesecakes are not made with cream cheese, are not as heavy and have a  lighter texture.

Germans bake many different cakes and Torten(Layer cakes)  in springform pans, not just cheesecakes.

False

I usually leave cheesecake on the pan bottom because it makes is so much easier to keep any leftovers "safe" - just put the ring back on and cover tightly with foil.

False

Well behaved women rarely make history.

If I need to take the cheesecake off of the pan I do put some parchment paper on the bottom. However many times I will just serve it on the dish it was baked in, one less dish to clean up!

False

You can usually find me reading or in my kitchen creating something sweet (sometimes savory) when I'm not working at PartSelect!

about the springform pan bottom I guess I am lucky as my pan bottom is glass and as I remove pieces just wipe the bare spot clean and continue on. removing the bottom could be disasterous.holee

False