turning 30lbs of fresh hamburger into patties to freeze help/ tips needed | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

turning 30lbs of fresh hamburger into patties to freeze help/ tips needed

Last post Oct 30, 2012 10:35 AM by Kasha . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • turning 30lbs of fresh hamburger into patties to freeze help/ tips needed

anyone have any great tips, this will be a family affair here s hoping it wont take all day

anyone done this is there a best way to freeze individually, do you use a pressy thingy to make your patties, is there a kind you like or is the pastic one ok

thanks!

Have a great day

False
  • Re: turning 30lbs of fresh hamburger into patties to freeze help/ tips needed

I do this all the time....prebake meatballs too...

we only eat sliders....so I lay plastic wrap on my kitchen scale to make them 2 oz...that keeps the scale from getting to icky....lol  if you want the patties to all be the same weight this is a good idea...

I cut up waxed paper squares and lay a piece between each patty...makes it easy to keep them from sticking to each other...then place in a large freezer bag..and that would work well with regular sized patties too....I use my hands.....

False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

I got a plastic hamburger patty press and stackable freeze trays from Tupperware about 20 years ago. The press fits into each round tray, and they stack to  seal and freeze. You can add how much weight you want each patty to be, and press as much as you want. This seems to be very good. I've used it when I didn't freeze, just to make nice round patties- beef or venison.

False

Keep Smilin'! A good laugh- for any reason- will do anyone good!

thanks for the tips will pick up one of those press things today!

False

I have always found in these cases that the most important kitchen gadget you can have is a multipurpose pool boy named Carlos. 

False

I don't often get asked to define irony, but when I do, I always say,

"Why, yes.  Yes, I AM a Field Editor for Taste of Home."

The easiest way to make patties by hand is what we did in a butcher shop I worked at. Weigh out the meat into 3 lb.  blocks, Shape into a log and square out the ends. Cut into 12 pieces.  Make sure the pieces are round disks. Put between two pieces of waxed paper and flatten out. I find a meat cleaver works best. Now you have a perfect quarter pound patty that won't fall apart.

False

When the tides of life are against you

And the current upsets your boat

Don't think of things that might have been

Just lay on your back and float

Ed Norton     1954

The Honeymooners

Nice! will try this as well!

False