help for dried-out baked beans | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

help for dried-out baked beans

Last post Aug 13, 2012 12:34 PM by kewilliams . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • help for dried-out baked beans
    I tried a new recipe for baked beans. They turned out delicious but are quite dried out. Any suggestions to moisten them up without drastically changing the flavour?
    False
  • RE: help for dried-out baked beans
    I would just mix up whatever ingredients you put in the sauce and add that.
    False
    Sara Moulton (foodtv) says never forget that water is an ingredient. I believe I'd got that route first.
    False
    Thanks for all the advice. What I chose to do was add about 1/2 cup each of salsa, catsup, apple cider, and chichen broth. Should have seen the wonderful look on hubby's face when he tasted the 'fixed up' beans.
    False
    Thank you! Im having the same problem as I'm preparing for company for Father's Day today. I had thought of water and barbeque sauce.... didn't think of chicken broth. They look better already!
    False
  • Re: help for dried-out baked beans

Try adding more ketchup or even water. You could also try not draining your beans and adding that liquid to the sauce. Don't really know what all the bean liquid is anyways, but if it can keep those beans moist in a can it probably can in a dish too!

False

I always save the water that the beans have been soaked in until they are done.  If any moisture needs to be added, I use this.  It doesn't cut down on the flavors of the other ingredients.

False

I like to add  dark flavorful beer (like Guiness) to beans to help them from drying out and to add flavor.

False

Kristin Williams

www.kristinsfoodisart.com