??? Re: Substitution for Milnot Milk | Taste of Home Community

??? Re: Substitution for Milnot Milk

Last post Mar 26, 2016 10:30 PM by chilidipper . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • ??? Re: Substitution for Milnot Milk
    We cannot find canned Milnot milk here. I bought it all the time when we lived in IL. I saw a casserole recipe under Main Dishes that calls for Milnot milk. I know that it whips up so I was wondering if I could use half whipping cream and half milk as a substitute for Milnot milk. Next time we go visiting family and Talon in IL, we'll have to buy a few cans to bring home. My mom has a dynamite peanut butter fudge recipe that uses Milnot, too.
    False
  • RE: ??? Re: Substitution for Milnot Milk
    I was told that Milnot is the same as canned milk...not the kind you make desserts with, but just plain canned milk. That Milnot is a brand name, just like Carnation.
    False
    You can use Pet milk or Carnation milk in place of the milnot.
    Hope this helps. Lorraine. c.
    False
    Thanks!
    False
    False
    Milnot milk is evaporated milk. Just another name for it. This old post was bumped up.
    False

Land of the Free....because of the Brave Click for Fort Worth, Texas Forecast

Proud Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home for 18 years.
    Multiple contest winner.

• Re: ??? Re: Substitution for Milnot Milk

LittleLady_GA_54_f
    We cannot find canned Milnot milk here. I bought it all the time when we lived in IL. I saw a casserole recipe under Main Dishes that calls for Milnot milk. I know that it whips up so I was wondering if I could use half whipping cream and half milk as a substitute for Milnot milk. Next time we go visiting family and Talon in IL, we'll have to buy a few cans to bring home. My mom has a dynamite peanut butter fudge recipe that uses Milnot, too.

False