KELLOGS CORN FLAKE DOLL | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

KELLOGS CORN FLAKE DOLL

Last post Sep 24, 2012 9:39 PM by tjrahe . 16 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12
  • KELLOGS CORN FLAKE DOLL
    Does anyone remember the Kellogs Corn Flake Doll that you could send away for for $2.00. She had a red and white gingham dress and hat and little black shoes. She was a hard faced doll, not a rag doll. I am n ow 54 years old and sent away for that doll when I was 6 years old, it took me about six months just to save that amount of money back then; and I still haven't got it. Back then you just sent the money in the envelope, so I guess I can safely say that they never received the order form.; because I am still waiting for the doll. :)
    False
  • RE: KELLOGS CORN FLAKE DOLL
    I don't recall the Kellogs doll but I sent for, and recieved, my Famous Mr. Big Nose figure from Bubble Gum in the early '70's. I can't remember if there was any money involved but I saved lots of gum wrappers for him.
    False
    I do wish I could find one of these dolls.. I have even tried e-bay but no luck. This was back in the early 50's. I can still see her beautiful gingham dress on the back of the box.
    False
    There is a "Sweetheart of the Corn" doll on eBay right now, but it's a 1982 version. She is cute in her little red gingham checked dress.
    False
    Sorry, don't remember her but I still have my Jolly Green Giant doll that we saved labels forever to send away for. And my Mr Peanut doll...my Dad used to have Planters peanut bars with his lunch, he saved wrappers and mailed them in for me. I got the doll and a drinking mug, pretty nifty!!
    :)
    False
    Libbi--I've never even heard of this site before, it's called Dealofday.com

Try this link, I didn't see any dolls but didn't stay long. You never know when you might stumble over one!!

http://auctions.dealofday.com/sys/browse/Real_Estate/CHPG-Cereal_Kellogg_W0QQfromZR13QQsacategoryZ10787QQsocmdZListingItemListQQsocolumnlayoutZ3QQsocomparecolumnlayoutZ1
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

I think I ordered a doll from Corn Flakes when I was little. I'm 44. My doll was kind of a country gal with a gingham blouse and bib overalls. She had blonde hair and a scarf that held her hair back. Can't remember her name!!!
    False

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

That sounds like the doll, only she had a gingham dress.
    False
  • Re: KELLOGS CORN FLAKE DOLL

I had an aunt who had one of these dolls.  As far as I know this was the only doll she ever had.  If I'm not mistaken she was on up in age when she got it.  I think she died just before I was born in 1964.  The doll was put in my Granny's trunk.  I asked my daddy if I could one day have it.  I've only saw it once and that was after he died 5 years ago.  It is still in that old trunk and one of my brothers has it.  I'll probably never get it, since daddy never told anyone that I wanted it.  I'm saddened that you never got yours.  I know it brought alot of happiness to my aunt, since she had a hard life.  She was slow minded and there fore Granny wasn't that good to her.  I hope you can find one.

False

I can't eat cereal anymore because of this. I'm 56yrs and they had little Miss Sugar Pops doll, I wanted that doll so much and Mom said well, save the box tops and you can get it. I ate Sugar Pops so much but you could do the fast way, a few box tops & pay money to get the doll, Oh No she said just collect all the box tops. It too months of eatting the cereal I did get the doll but after all that cereal I never ate cereal again. Strange how things happen.

False

I not only remember it, I have one, still in the plastic with an extra dress...Smile

False

Here's an old one for $1.00---Is this the one?  This is the back of the cereal box.   Someone had this for sale.

Old Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Cereal Box Back With A Sweetheart Doll Premium Offer 

This one is from Hong Kong, and I don't think it's the original doll, is it?

False
    1. Click for Rochester, Minnesota Forecast    

This is a rubber doll from the 50s for sale on ebay for $9.99.   I can just imagine what condition the rubber is in!

Item image

False
    1. Click for Rochester, Minnesota Forecast    

libbicus
    I am n ow 54 years old

I'm curious.  Now that you're 62 has the doll arrived yet?  lol.

I do know how you feel though.  :(

I was about the same age you were when you sent for that doll.  My older cousin was sending for tickets to the Howdy Doody Show so I could be in the Peanut Gallery!   I'm a little older than you now and I'm still waiting to go.  

Smile

False

Nature is the 'Great Mysterious' ... the religion before religions. Peter Matthiessen, Indian Country

Boy, this is an old thread, and sort of a strange one to have gotten resurrected several times. LOL I'm glad I finally got to see it, though.

I had a doll that was very similar to this, but she came from Rice Krispies. She was about the same size as a Betsy McCall doll and she had platinum blonde hair but I don't remember what she wore. I've looked and looked for another like her, too, to no avail. Haven't even been able to find mention of her on Google -- everything is Snap, Crackle, and Pop, but I KNOW I have the cereal right because I actually named her Rice Krispie, and, other than Frosted Flakes, that was about the only cereal we ever had in the house.

Something else that caught my eye about this thread is the OP's name. The name I've always been known by is Libby. LOL

False