Do you use a "Turkey Lifter" - looks like string? AND yet another question about thawing... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you use a "Turkey Lifter" - looks like string? AND yet another question about thawing...

Last post Nov 24, 2004 10:24 AM by NatesMom . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Do you use a "Turkey Lifter" - looks like string? AND yet another question about thawing...
    I saw this on the Butterball website.

Also, I'm going to need about 10 pounds thawed over night. The Butterball website says to change the water every 30 minutes. Some have said every 2 hours. Others have said they let it sit all night without changing the water. I don't know what to do with my first turkey.

I was thinking about getting it in the sink at midnight and letting it sit for 5 to 6 hours. Then start with it around 8 am.

I guess another question is, once it is thawed, do you place it back into the refrigerator until you're ready to start with it? That seems obvious to me, or are you supposed to start cooking it right away?

False
  • RE: Do you use a
    I got a 20 pounder and it will have set in the refrigerator for 2 and a half days. That's where I come up with about 10 pounds left to thaw. Is this correct?

I feel like such a rookie.
    False
    the lifter is a must in my opinion.
    False
    Do you make it?
    False
    we get ours with the turkey. we buy butterball turkeys. it might be a canadian thing. if you haven't unwroped your turkey yet. it might be in side the wraping. but i think if you ask at you grocier they might have them. maybe wall mart has them
    False
    Thanks!
    False