Does anyone make a layered casserole of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does anyone make a layered casserole of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy?

Last post Nov 26, 2004 7:19 PM by Idaho_bluebird . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Does anyone make a layered casserole of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy?
    Is there any particular order to put the food into the casserole? I imagine the gravy would be the last item and you would spoon it over everything, right?
    False

• RE: Does anyone make a layered casserole of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy?
    I would put stuffing on the bottom, next turkey, then potatoes, then gravy! Sounds good and pass the cranberry sauce!
    False
  • RE: Does anyone make a layered casserole of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy?
    My dad used to make something like taht.
    He'd put a layer of gravy,a layer of turkey,a layer of cranberry sauce,layer of gravy, a layer of potato, a layer of gravy, a layer of stuffing, a layer of gravy,and then another thick layer of potato and a layer of gravy on top.
    I'm not sure what he cooked it at or for how long
    False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
    You probably already did it, but I put the stuffing on the bottom, then the turkey, then gravy and make a mashed potato top crust. Sometimes I put little dabs of butter and sprinkle paprika on top before baking.
    False
    Oh my, this sounds good. I'll be trying this next week as we're doing turkey then. We had Surf 'n Turf yesterday.
    False
    GrandmaK, what size pan and how long do you bake it for?
    False
    I do like GrandmaK. You can use any size pan. I bake it at 350 untill the potatos are golden and everything is hot.
    False
    Thanks ST! :o)
    False
    No I haven't but it sounds good.
    False
    That casserole, soup and sandwiches are the only way we do turkey left overs. It's wonderful.
    False
    Wow that sounds great! Will have to remember that and try it.
    False