Question about using swiffer wet on laminate hardwood floors | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Question about using swiffer wet on laminate hardwood floors

Last post Jan 29, 2005 12:15 PM by limey_gal . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Question about using swiffer wet on laminate hardwood floors
    I asked the BB about this earlier, as to what you use to mop the floors. I got a lot of responses but only one who said they use the swiffer wet - vinegar cloths. I just purchased a swiffer mop and swiffer wet cloths and swiffer dry sweeping cloths. The wets do not say vinegar they just say that they contain no phosphates. Will this be okay to mop my laminate hardwood. I have not opened the packages yet as I would like to here from my BB friends as to what they think. Has anyone used these.
    False
  • RE: Question about using swiffer wet on laminate hardwood floors
    bump
    False
    I have been using the Swiffer dry and wet cloths on my laminate floor for two years. I never used anything else, and am very satisfied with the results.
    False
    I guess it would depend on what kind of laminate you have. I have laminate walnut and find I can only use a mop with vinegar in the water as well as just a dab of dish soap. The swifter wet jet leaves terrible streaks.

Alberta, Canada
    False
    My floor is called laminate beech natural. I quess I will try a small section and see what happens.
    Nannygoat- What type of laminate is yours
    Reesechip- how did you get the streaks out when it did streak
    disneyluvnmama- does the swiffer work okay on your laminate
    False
    I had a swiffer wet mop and I gave it away just because it put out too much water. I got rid of my clorox mop for the same reason. The best thing I have found is a mop with a microfiber sponge head that you soak in the water for 4-5 minutes and then wring almost dry. It leaves very little streaks and I don't have to worry about all that water damage to my wood laminate. You can find mops that work this way on QVC (try QVC.com) on tv when they have the Don Aslett homecleaning shows or try Home Depot. Hubby ordered me two new mopheads from them online a while back. (I only use water to clean and if there is spots, I spray some windex on a paper towel and swipe across the spot. It takes it right up. Don't spray directly on the floor) Sandy
    False
    what sandy said....
    False

I have to agree with Ginny-we just had a laminate hardwood installed and the installer/owner said to get a spray that they sold at their store and spray it on the dry Swiffer and then mop-it works great! He said the Swiffers would be too wet too.
    False
    sorry i got my names messed up-no Ginny here-think I need to wake up!
    False
    I use the Clorox mopping system, which is like the Swiffer wetjet, never any troubles...just clean floors....I refill the bottle with Lysol floor cleaner, that is the difference in the two systems, swiffer wetjet you have to buy a new bottle each time as you can't refill it.....
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Has anyone heard that the swiffer mops can be harmful to crawling children and pets. I got an email from a friend who had a sick puppy the vet asked her about floor cleaning products and she said she used the swiffer mop. He said don't that the puppy was inhaling the chemicals. She stopped and the puppy got better.
    Just wondered if anyone else had heard this.
    Ann
    False