Super glue for Denture repair | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Super glue for Denture repair

Last post Mar 20, 2005 3:19 PM by RedRobin_mi . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Super glue for Denture repair
    Has anyone used super glue to fix tooth that has come out of denture and did it work? Help please..
    False
  • RE: Super glue for Denture repair
    Yes I did, and no it didn't work and the dentist had a hard time getting the glue out to put the tooth back in.
    False
    Yes I did and it did work, but they also have a thing called plate weld that works and not as hard to get off. I di have to use a file to make the tooth fit better. If your not planning on getting a new plate soon I would wait & go to the dentist. Good luck.
    False
    Oops another typo, that should be did.
    False
    I did it once years ago and it did work, but only temporarily...the tooth eventually came lose again. And as weebill said, the dentist had a heck of a time removing the glue! Best to wait until tomorrow and go to your dentist....they can repair it while you are waiting.
    False
    Wal-Mart has a Emergency Denture Repair Kit and it works.
    False
    Thanks to you all for the info. I sure look silly without that tooth. Will go to the dentist tomorrow and have it fixed.
    False
    Some of the compounds in superglue are toxic, and I wouldn't put that stuff in my mouth...
    False
    "I try to avoid serving inedible substances to my guests." VinnyD
    yup. i dropped my upper plate and the back corner just above the tooth broke off so i super glued it back on. I think that was 3, 4 maybe 5 years ago. Still holding tight, can't even see where it was broke. And I soak my dentures in water with a little bleach in it not in denture cleaner.
    False

My Dh glued his tooth in ontil he could get to his denist and the Dr told him that super glue is toxic and Don't use it again.
    False