Website that gives recipe ideas based on ingredients on hand? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Website that gives recipe ideas based on ingredients on hand?

Last post Jan 22, 2009 10:37 AM by hidecogal . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Website that gives recipe ideas based on ingredients on hand?
    Many times I look in my cabinets and just don't see what I could put together for a meal or just a snack. Is there such a website where I could just plug in what I have on hand and it will pull up some recipes for those particular ingredients?

False
  • RE: Website that gives recipe ideas based on ingredients on hand?
    I'd love to know that one too!
    :)
    False
    Try this one:

www.recipezaar.com

"A very extensive recipe site with listings by cuisine, or meal category. Nutritional information is provided, and you can search based on ingredients on hand."
    False
    Thank you Mairead_MD. I looked into this site and think I will visit often. My question is how to search for ingredients on hand. I did not see that option. I already registered but didn't see it. Can you help?

Thanks again!
    False
    I love recipezaar. I've gotten a lot of recipes from there.

To find a recipe based on what you have on hand, you would type that ingredient into the search box. If you wanted to get a little fancier, click on where it says "Advanced Search" and you can type in more than one ingredient.
    Elaine
    False
    Here's another one.

http://www.my-meals.com/RecipeCenter/WhatsInMyFridge.aspx
    False
  • Re: Website that gives recipe ideas based on ingredients on hand?

Have you checked out RecipeKey.com  It lets you select the ingredients you have in your pantry and find reicpes to match. Recipes by Ingredients: Recipe Key

False

momontherun
    Is there such a website where I could just plug in what I have on hand and it will pull up some recipes for those particular ingredients?

You're already there, momontherun! Just click on the "Recipes" button in the red navigation bar at the top of the page and pull down to "Advanced Search." You'll see boxes to type in the ingredients you have on hand, plus boxes to type in ingredients NOT to use. Then you can check meal categories such as appetizers, side dishes, main dishes and desserts and even specify nutritional information. Give it a try! 

False

love2cook

momontherun
    Is there such a website where I could just plug in what I have on hand and it will pull up some recipes for those particular ingredients?

You're already there, momontherun! Just click on the "Recipes" button in the red navigation bar at the top of the page and pull down to "Advanced Search." You'll see boxes to type in the ingredients you have on hand, plus boxes to type in ingredients NOT to use. Then you can check meal categories such as appetizers, side dishes, main dishes and desserts and even specify nutritional information. Give it a try! 

That is really great!!!  I didn't know that before! GReat feature!
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

I am pretty much vegan and I have a site I go to to fill in on-hand ingredients for making all kinds of loafs and casseroles. If anyone is interested, I will post the site..

False
    If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark.

Scheidgirl___OREGON
    If anyone is interested, I will post the site..

Although I'm not Vegan, Toni, I'm sure many folks here in the Kitchen are.  When you get a moment, please share the site you mentioned.  TIA! Smile 

Have a Happy Thursday!

Krissy~~~

False

Good info you all.

Thanks

False