Whgat's it mean if your sky is kinda yellow? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Whgat's it mean if your sky is kinda yellow?

Last post Jul 28, 2005 10:07 PM by Cassieroll_NYS . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Whgat's it mean if your sky is kinda yellow?
    We've been having thundershower off and on since about 5pm I just now took a look outside and the sky is a mellow yellow shade toward the north east??
    Never seen or even heard of this....
    False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
  • RE: Whgat's it mean if your sky is kinda yellow?
    sorry for the typo...
    False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
    It is generally the precursor of a thermonuclear attack.
    False
    Sorry, I should have not said that. I really don't know. It's a good question though. Every now and then, once in a blue moon, we see a green flash at sunset, just as the sun drops into the Pacific Ocean.
    False
    LOL
    I got tickled at that reply.
    False
    I've heard red sky at night sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning sailor take warning.
    False
    Aspiring to inspire before I expire! Faith, Family, Friends!
    BE, et al...seriously, there is such a thing as a "green-flash sunset". I have only seen two of them in my life and that is two more than most people have seen.
    False
    So yellow means a somewhat nice day??
    LOL
    They say the temp should be about 73 tomorrow...
    False
    we always said it was hail??? or is that pink??? seen some funny color combinations lately. never saw a green flash, but i've read about them...
    False

Usually if the sky is yellow-ish green, there's either a big storm or tornado nearby.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    No wait,
    I got tickled at the thermo. attack.
    False
    I've heard of the green flash sunsets. Hard to catch them I've heard.

Around here a green sky is an indicator of hail. A yellow sky might be the sun reflecting off a wall of precipitation.
    False
    Usuall a yellow sky does mean storms are near or, if you've been having storms, then you'll be getting more.

I live in Texas. We have them all the time. Normally when we get a yellow sky like that it's some serious wether coming around, or it's already passed. You might want to check out your weather.
    False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy
    sorry, I am still laughing at Hadaplan's meteorologist's skills....Most of our tv weather people aren't that good!!

ROFL...
    False
    Linda
    Have seen yellow/green skies. Both times, tornados were close by. The air becomes very still.

Hadaplan - Fox needs a good weatherman, lol...
    False