Can you put a ham in a crockpot? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you put a ham in a crockpot?

Last post Sep 03, 2005 3:01 PM by Alaska_Prof . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Can you put a ham in a crockpot?
    I don't want any soups or anything in it. Jus the ham. Do you think it would do OK? Or would it dry-out? I am out of aluminion foil and need to cook it this morning.
    False

catmint

• RE: Can you put a ham in a crockpot?
    I would give it a try. Might want to add a little water to it just in case.
    False
    I do ham without foil lots of times. Put a bit of liquid in the bottom and it's ready to go.
    False
    I would treat it like a pork roast....some orange juice or apple juice would add a nice flavor to it. I like to put some Vernors ginger ale in with mine. Something sweet always adds nice flavor!!
    If you have any oven cooking bags, those work great with a ham too!!
    :)
    False
    I would probably add a little water like the others said and watch to make sure it doesn't cook too long and dry out.
    False
    just add water. I do it all the time.
    False
    I do. I add a can of crushed pineapple to it.
    False
    I always do my ham in a crock pot. I just dump a can of whole berry cranberry sauce or mandarin oranges in with it.
    False
    I do ham in the crockpot all the time. Just keep it on low if it is going to cook all day. I add a little water. After dinner I put the water/juice mixture from the bottom of the crockpot into ice cube trays and freeze. When frozen put in a zip lock bag. This is perfect seasoning for greenbeans. Makes boring canned beans actually have some flavor.
    Good luck
    False
    evry xmas I have ham for in-laws and I put it in crockpot, stud with whole cloves, pour pineapple over it and a bit og gingerale. It comes out just perfect! They just love it. This year it was a bit different as there are 3 diabetics in the family so had to use diet gingerale and pineapple in its own juice. Still turned out great though. Never do one in the oven again. I let it go maybe 4-5 hours and then set it at keep warm till dinner.
    mommom
    False
    I also do ham in the crock pot. I just put a little water in also. I love ham and like doing it this way, frees up space in my oven.
    False
    Thanks , all. My DH brought me some renolds wrap on way home from work, and i put it in the oven. Wish I had put it in the crock now. LOL,

Well, SHOOT, there is that stupid message. So it wasnt the networking card. Back to the drawing board, now I will have to turn off the computer, and back on before I can post to anything else.

I WANT MY OLD COMPUTER BACK!!!!
    False

catmint

Yes, Ham gets really good in the crock pot. I made a small ham the other day and just added a little water and cooked it all day. It was so tender and the gravey was real good. I don't know how big your ham is, mine was about 2-3 lbs, and it turned out great, not dry at all.
    False
    Crockpot is the only way I cook my hams now. I wrap in nonstick Reynolds foil and they are great this way.
    False
    I do ham with crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks in my crock pot. Works good. I do think I would add liquid if I were you otherwise it might get too dry. :)
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/