Spiral Ham from Sams Club ? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Spiral Ham from Sams Club ?

Last post Nov 05, 2005 7:00 PM by zhotterrods . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Spiral Ham from Sams Club ?
    Anyone ever purchase and cook one? How much are they per pound?
    A girl here at work was talking about them when I told her that Aldi has the spiral hams this week for $1.69/lb. She hasn't tried them but wanted to know if they were good. Me too, I want to know. Aldi is seasonal in carrying them so Sam's would be a good alternative.

Gail
    False
  • RE: Spiral Ham from Sams Club ?
    I don't think you would be disappointed if you buy one from Sam's. I don't know how much per pound they are or even how much total one would be since I've not looked at them yet this year. Believe me, though, when I tell you they are delicious.
    False

I think they're really good. Nice and hammy, as opposed to the watery processed kind of ham. They are more like the old-fashioned ham on the bone. And not that salty either.
    False
    I have bought several spiral hams at Aldi's last year, they were $1.49 lb.
    This year they are $1.69 which is still lots less than other stores.
    I hightly recommend the ones from Aldi, they are very, very good.

I haven't bought one from Sams or Costco so I don't know about those.
    False
    I prefer Costco's, but Sam's is good too.
    False
    yea, they are great!!!!
    False
    Yes I've tried their hams and they are good.
    False

Thanksgiving is at my house and Christmas is at my brother's house. We each supply the meat and some sides and everybody pitches in. He always get the ham from Sam's Club and it is VERY good. I don't think it's real expensive. They always say how reasonable it is, but I don't remember how much per pound. But it is VERY good.
    False
    Both are excellent choices...trust me we are very particular about food and food quality and both of these are the best in quality...you just couldn't do much better and the price is right!
    Molly
    False
    OK some are gonna jump on me for this but....I prefer either Sam's Club or Costco or the Honey Baked Hams outlets.

I mean, HB...you wait in line for forever and honestly I don't taste any difference.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Sam's Two4tea.
    False

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLDER.

IT'S A PRIVILEGE DENIED TO MANY.

We have gotten the spiral hame from Wal Mart and can't tell the difference from the expensive one. We have it at the office Christmas lunch and everyone really enjoys it.
    False
    Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other.
    Usually I buy from Honey Hill Farms but they are now almost $50 for a 1/2 and this is getting $$$$.
    I did try Costco and it was great and I'am sure Sams are just as good. No more HH Farms for me.
    Cassiebabe
    False

Barbara Anne

I'm gonna try one from Aldi for Thanksgiving and one from Sam's for Christmas. That way I will have tried both and will see what kind of reviews I get.
    Thanks for all the replies!!

Gail
    False
    Hi:
    I frequently buy the spiral ham from Sams. It comes with a nice spice topping and it is wonderful. I can honestly say everyone that I've bought has been good and lean. Good Luck.
    Cheers,
    Patti
    False
    Oops,
    I forgot the last one I bought was $1.99 a lb (I think) a little pricey but well worth it.
    Cheers,
    Patti
    False