How long can I keep soaked beans? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long can I keep soaked beans?

Last post Nov 12, 2005 8:46 AM by akmaku . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • How long can I keep soaked beans?
    OK, I did a stupid thing last night!

I wanted to cook 15 bean soup in my crockpot for dinner on Saturday, so I soaked the beans overnight.

When I got up this morning, I remembered that we are going to a family dinner out of town tonight.

So, my question is: should I cook the bean soup in my crockpot today and then put it in the refridgerator before I leave; or should I drain the beans and put them in the fridge to cook tomorrow; or should I keep them in water, or what?!

HELP!
    False
  • RE: How long can I keep soaked beans?
    I'd go ahead and make the soup and put it in the fridge. And enjoy dinner tonight, especially knowing that tomorrow's is taken care of!
    False
    make it in the crockpot today, and store in the fridge overnight. then, it will be even better by tomorrow, when the flavors blend. i love having a meal already to go for sunday dinner. i use my crockpot a lot during the winter, especially on sunday mornings.
    hope the family dinner is fun, too!
    False
    I agree, I would make the soup, then refigerate.
    False
    Ditto.
    False

"Wit is educated insolence." Aristotle

You gals are all GREAT! It's almost like having a big sister or a mom I can call when I get into a spot...

Thanks!
    False
    I've kept soaked beans/peas in my fridge no later than a day before because of time constraints with no ill effects.
    False
    i also agree with mcate, you could leave them in the fridge overnight to soak, and cook tomorrow. they should be good and soft by then. i just thought you might want sunday free to do other things instead, like bake, or relax and read a good book! LOL
    False
    I'd make it today. Its always better the next day.
    False