How do you fix Artichoke hearts? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How do you fix Artichoke hearts?

Last post Nov 16, 2005 6:38 PM by frappaccino . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • How do you fix Artichoke hearts?
    We love artichokes, so we bought a jar of the artichoke hearts. Now I keep looking at them trying to figure out what to do with them, or what would be good to mix them into. Anyone have some ideas. Are they good in a jar? Lin:)
    False

frap

• RE: How do you fix Artichoke hearts?
    butter and a squirt of lemon or hot artichoke and spinach dip lol!
    False

i love the marinated artichoke hearts i get in jars. . .i add them to a tossed salad straight from the jar. . .
    False
    Are they marinated or plain?
    False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

Thery are the marinated ones.
    False

frap

there's a pizza place near here - earth, wind and flour - that makes a great spinach salad. . .mushrooms, tomatoes, black olives, cheese and lots of marinated artichoke hearts. . .yummmmmm!
    False
    I like to eat the marinated ones just the way they are although they are good in a salad. There's also a rice casserole to use them in. I'll see if I can find the recipe.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Curried Rice Salad

Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
    Cook Time: 30 Minutes
    Time to Table: 40 Minutes
    Servings: 6

1 (6.9-ounce) package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken Flavor
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    3/4 teaspoon curry powder
    2 (6-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
    1/3 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
    1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
    4 green onions, sliced
    Ground black pepper, to taste

In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute rice-vermicelli mix with oil and curry powder until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently. Add 2-1/2 cups water and Special Seasonings; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Cool.

Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade from one jar. Combine reserved marinade and mayonnaise. Stir mayonnaise-mixture, artichokes, olives, bell pepper and green onions into cooled RICE-A-RONI; pepper to taste. Cover; chill 1 hour.

4boysmom's note: You could probably just skip using the Rice-a-Roni and substitute 2-3 cups of cooked rice. Make sure that you cook it in chicken broth though for more flavor.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

I've had marinated artichokes mixed with tuna and stuffed into tomatoes. That's pretty yummy.
    False
    THE GETTYSBURG RECIPE

1 - 2 pieces boneless chicken breasts cubed
    2 teaspoon olive oil
    1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
    1 small can whole tomatoes, chopped
    1 can pitted black olives
    1 to 3 teaspoons basil or thyme
    1/4 cup white wine
    salt and pepper to taste

In large skillet, brown chicken in oil until almost done. Add artichokes and juice, tomatoes, black olives and seasnonings. Simmer for 10 - 15 mins. Add wine. Serve over rice.
    False
    In a quick easy Pasta salad, toss with any style pasta,olives,mushrooms and artichoke hearts, and a bottle of Italian salad dressing. Real Good
    False
    that sounds great. . .must copy that one. . .
    False
    oops!

In the Gettysburg recipe-----drain the black olives.

We use the boil-in-bag brown rice.

Great recipe!!
    False
    Do you like spinach? One of my favorite recipes has artichoke hearts in it and If you like I will share but don't want to type it out if you don't care for spinach... cause their is quite a bit of spinach in this particular casserole. I also love them on pizza and in omelets!
    Molly
    False
    Love spinach, is it a big recipe? Would love to see it. I'm getting lots of good ideas from everyone. can't wait to go make something now. Lin:)
    False

frap