What would you do to doctor up Wyler's or Lipton's chicken noodle soup? Help, busy and have a sick friend. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What would you do to doctor up Wyler's or Lipton's chicken noodle soup? Help, busy and have a sick friend.

Last post Nov 20, 2005 12:20 PM by hauke . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What would you do to doctor up Wyler's or Lipton's chicken noodle soup? Help, busy and have a sick friend.
    This is the soup in a package where you add water and the chicken and it simmers and is very good. I aways like to embelish and make it better I have added onion, mushrooms, fresh parsley and about 1/2 cup of white wine and it was really good and tasted like homemade. Any other great ideas or suggestions? What would you serve with this as a desert? I need to take dinner to a sick friend and I have a very busy day on Monday and I don't have time to make a big elaborate meal. Also planning to take homemade rolls that I have in the freezer. Do you think this calls for a salad? Or...I could do a chicken casserole but I think soup is always yummy and easy to heat up.
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    Molly
    False
  • RE: What would you do to doctor up Wyler's or Lipton's chicken noodle soup? Help, busy and have a sick friend.
    Why not just use plain water, chicken, 2 scallions and a quarter (25 cent) sized slice of freshginger.
    That is a Chinse recipe for chicken soup.
    The secret to any good stock is the ratio of meat to water. Only thin soup stock has to be "doctored".
    The ratio for good soup is:
    1 lbs of meat (hacked into small pieces)
    per 1 PINT of water.
    Add a pinch of salt and you will have GOOD soup stock.
    Try it, you may like it.
    Grelo
    False
  • RE: What would you do to doctor up Wyler's or Lipton's chicken noodle soup? Help, busy and have a sick friend.
    Follow the package directions, but just before serving add paper-thin slivers of raw green onions, mushrooms and cabbage, and thin slivers of cooked chicken or ham.
    False
    BOC I add 3 whole fresh chicken breasts and the mix and the water.
    Molly
    False
    everything sounds good except the sasad..if i'm sick i don't want salad..how about a fruit and jello salad??? or just jello???
    False

I agree, I would not go with a salad, but as CT said, jello would be great.

False
    Some Dijon Mustard will spice up the soup. Mustard is good to open up the sinus/nasal cavities and also bronchial passage ways.
    False
    Jello great idea! I forgot about jello!
    Thanks
    Molly
    False
    Fry some onions and celery, and can also add pieces of chicken--stir in some raw rice stir till brown then add the soup mix add water and cook till rice is done. Good dish especially in cold weather.
    False
    Add some garlic. It has natural anti-biotic properties.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

When I'm sick.. and when I'm not... I love the Lipton's just the way it is. In fact, when we have it as a family, I always make sure that my DD get's the majority of noodles as I love the broth all by itself with just a few noddles floating around. Don't wreck a good thing by adding a bunch of stuff. If you want that, buy a different soup - something in a can all ready to serve. JIMO
    False

The current weather in Edmonton, Alberta is

Click for Edmonton Municipal, Alberta Forecast

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.