Question about nose hurting in cold weather | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Question about nose hurting in cold weather

Last post Dec 01, 2005 10:11 PM by Catbelle . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Question about nose hurting in cold weather
    Whenever I go out in cold weather, a few seconds after..my nose burns SO bad..it's embarrassing bc it makes my eyes water like I'm crying and everything and makes my head hurt in the forehead part..why does it do that?? Is that normal? It's done that for as long as I can remember and I hate it! Would nostril spray help you think?

I don't know if its bc my nose is kinda big or what!
    False
  • RE: Question about nose hurting in cold weather
    LOL, your nose aint big, silly.
    False

catmint

I would use Ocean, it is a nasal spray you can get at Walmart. Don't use anything like Afrin that will dry it out more. Ocean is a saline solution, I use it when my nose feels dry inside. It inexpensive too. It comes in a white plastic bottle with orange on it.
    False
    dry, cold weather, you need humidity.
    False
    What do you mean by humidity? Everyone else I ask if their noses hurt in cold weather they say no...I thought maybe it was just a me thing?

Catmint, thanks but it is kindly odd!!! lol Someone asked me if I was Jewish once and i was like uhh no why? and he said i have a jewish nose..i didnt know what that meant and still dont really lol

Okay I will look for that nasal spray..I just hate my nose burning off! And also sometimes when I talk my throat will hurt and burn and my nose feels like its draining in my throat..its all weird lol
    False
    Me too! Ocean is the only thing that has helped! And I have a little nose! lol
    False
    keep your nose covered with a scarf outside. the dry cold air freezes your nose hairs. your nose/nasal passages preheats the air before it gets to your lungs.
    would you rather have icicle snot hanging off your face? LOL
    False
    I just started using the Ocean saline spray after last week's visit with the ENT. Has been a great help.
    False