Can marshmallows be frozen? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can marshmallows be frozen?

Last post Dec 10, 2005 7:04 AM by KozyPa . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Can marshmallows be frozen?
    Have never tried doing this.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

• RE: Can marshmallows be frozen?
    Mm....I don't think so. They don't take well to getting wet, and they would get wet when thawing.
    False
    Yes. I keep mine in the freezer all the time. I love to eat them straight from the freezer too. Nice and chewy!
    False
    Absolutely not. They become a mess when thawed.
    False
    I have, but Rice Krispie treats don't turn out very well. They were hard as a rock.
    False
    Maybe the trick is not to let them get wet... freezer to mouth.

False
    Yes, they can be frozen I just take them out and let them set for awhile before I use them.
    False
    4BoysMom, I keep mine in the freezer all the time. When I want to use them, I take out the bag and let it come to room temp. Have never had a problem.
    False
    4 boys (my good friend) LOL

Why would you WANT to freeze them?
    Just wonderin' - they keep almost forever, don't they?
    False
    OK, I'll 'fess up. I want to make the Toasted Coconut Marshmallow recipe that is part of the 12 Days of Cookies. Need to make at least a double batch and need them to last until Christmas. Not sure if freezing homemade would be a smart move or not.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

Sure...then take them outside and throw them at each other and call them snow balls...O.K.--snow-puffs. And when it starts to thaw, and you have these white chunks of "stuff" on your front lawn, you can always blame it on the SNOWMAN (snowman
    P%%P)!!!!
    False
    I get them cheap at the holidays and put 2 bags in each ziplock bag. They keep just fine. As for homemade I would trat a few and see how it goes. The store bought ones have cornstarch on them that keeps them from sticking to each other.
    False
    It seems to me I remember someone here giving the tip to freeze marshmallows to keep them from becoming hard.
    False

Some time ago someone on here mentioned freezing marshmallows so I tried because living alone they would go stale before I could use them all. IT WORKED GREAT and I now always freeze mine. One of the best tips I ever had and I passed it on to others.
    False