COUGHING COUGHING COUGHING TIL YOU GAG??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

COUGHING COUGHING COUGHING TIL YOU GAG???

Last post Dec 10, 2005 5:32 AM by _FOOTSIE . 20 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 12
  • COUGHING COUGHING COUGHING TIL YOU GAG???
    FROM A COLD . I'VE TAKEN COUGH MEDICINE DELSYM AND TYLENOL SINUS FOR SINUS CONGESTION BUT IT'S THAT DARN "TICKLE" FROM THE DRIP..
    WHAT DO YOU DO TO CUT THE COUGH!!!!

HELP!!!
    False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
  • RE: COUGHING COUGHING COUGHING TIL YOU GAG???
    a prescription-phenergan with codeine.
    or cough drops, constantly-like those hall's honey & lemon ones. they're good.
    False
    ARGH... THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT

I guess I have to wait til Monday when the DR. office opens
    I am using the Hall (old fashion) cough drops
    I'm coughing so much now
    False
    HE IS MY SUNSHINE.. MY ONLY SUNSHINE HE MAKES ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY HE'LL NEVER KNOW JUST HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM!!!!!
    Get your doctor to give you an Rx for Tessalon perles. They paralyze the reflex that makes you cough, and work wonderfully!
    False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy
    The coughing is because it's "sticky". Get something with guifenesin that helps to 'drain' and you won't have the 'clogging' in your throat that makes you try to cough and gag it up.
    False
    LOL

False
    OK I just tried gargling with warm salt water to see if that would "cut' the cough...
    so far so good. We'll see how long it will last. My throat is killing and my chest is starting to hurt from all this coughing.

Do you think it could be broncuitis? (spelling) I have no fever just styffy nose and sore throat (before coughing) and coughing....???
    False
    I just read that Garlic is good for Relieving Cold Symptoms.
    A nightly dose of one Garlic clove
    (chopped in Mayonaise on a slice of bread.)
    The book is called "Natural Remedies for what ails you!"
    (I hope you feel better!)
    I always find relief from gargeing (sp) with warm salt water too!
    - Cookjoy
    False
    IN GOD WE TRUST!
    Yes - coughing until you gag, wet yourself, and sometimes gag so bad you throw up! It's miserable!

You need to go to an Urgent Care and get an Rx for Phenergan and Codeine...Codeine works on the portion of the brain stem that controls the cough reflex. If you're coughing this bad, nothing OTC is going to touch it.

If you don't have an urgent care and you can't call your Dr., if all else fails, try some hot tea, some honey, and some brandy...
    False
    That is also a symptom of asthma.
    False
    I don't know Grandma. I've had asthma since I was 3, and never had the problems with post nasal drip I do around here.

The primary symptom of asthma is wheezing. It could be accompanied with a cough, usually a really loose one that sounds rattly, but not necessarily productive. My attacks normally occur as a result of an infection, a cold or sinus infection.

I've been to the doctor lately with a cough and sinus problems and ended up on antibiotics again. If I don't head it off early, I end up with bigtime asthma problems, and I'm on 3 asthma drugs.
    False
    I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today - Wimpy

We've recently had a case of Whooping Cough (Pertussis) diagnosed in our county, so the doctors are on alert for any harsh and continuing coughing. It is said that all of us who are over 50 who were inoculated for pertussis when we we were very young may need to be revaccinated.

Rosie
    False
    If you are still reading this post I will tell you what will work wonders. And you may have it already in the house. I good tablespoon of honey. My mom told me this years ago and I always take it. If you can take one every hour, but you will see results in the first hour you take it.
    pepsi
    False
    In between the paroxisms of coughing, and you're able to quick get a breath in...does it make an 'whoop or whoosh' sound? Or have you ever heard any one who had pertussis, or whooping cough? It is very distinctive, and you'd know it if you heard it, and would especially wonder if you'd never heard it before?

Pertussis is going around here, as well...
    False
    What Pepsi said. Honey will do amazing things for a cough. It's soothing and has healing properties.
    False
    Connie Visit my blog at: Boondock Babble