What to serve with chicken salad sandwiches | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to serve with chicken salad sandwiches

Last post Feb 23, 2014 9:26 PM by pc66 . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • What to serve with chicken salad sandwiches
    I fix my chicken salad..chicken,celery,tiny bit of chopped onion, raisins, chipped pineapple, pecans or walnuts..whatever I have close and mayo. I use the really good bread called honey wheat.

I am thinking potato salad but what else can go with this for a lunch? Thanks for your help1
    False
  • RE: What to serve with chicken salad sandwiches
    Maybe just some chips and a fruit medley. Or some type of soup might be nice too.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

How about a pasta salad, lettuce salad, bean salad...

Diana
    False

"There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings." Dorothy Thompson, American Journalist and Author (1894-1961)

"There are three ingredients to the good life: learning, earning and yearning." Christopher Morley, American journalist (1890-1957).

I knew you all would come up with the best food ideas. They will love it and I will also be giving the boards address. Good friends are so special here.Thanks.
    False
    I think a fruit salad would be great!
    False
    Cucumer salad, broccoli salad, or chinese cole slaw would all be good, and different. Or a green or fruit salad. To be honest, my favorite things are potato chips
    False
    A frozen fruit salad would be great,or a pretty jello salad
    olives and pickles, chips on the side.
    Molly
    False
    You call can come on over and we will have lunch and visit.Sounds like a great plan to me! And beleive me SILLY is at the top of the list...if you can't have fun why bother..lol
    False
    Apricot Delight Salad

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Salads

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 packages apricot jello -- 3 oz
    2/3 cup water
    1 can crushed pineapple -- 20 0z
    1 1/2 cups pecans -- chopped
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 jar apricot baby food
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    1 package cream cheese -- 8 oz softened

Combine jello, sugar and water, bring to boil and dissolve jello.

Remove from heat, stir in fruit; set aside to cool.

Combine milk and cream cheese, beat until smooth.

Stir in jello mixture, add nuts. pour into mold or bowl and refrigerate.

Description:
    ""Posted on TSR November 2001. I have made this several times now and
    we love it.""
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner

I'd serve soup and/or chips, rather than salad, especially one with a mayo-based dressing. . .too much like the chicken salad in the sandwiches. I'd rule out fruit for the same reason - with pineapple, raisins and nuts in the chicken salad, fruit salad would also be redundant. . .
    False
    When I made chicken salad for the board members, I put it on raisen bread.I made the salad with white meat,added finely minced celery chopped walnuts mayo and sour cream. Also dark green lettuce. Sandwiches were cut diagonally,and a frilled toothpick inserted.Along with this a bunch of red & green grapes went on the plate. They loved it!
    False
    I serve my chicken salad sandwiches on focaccia. A cup of soup in the winter and fruit salad makes a lovely meal.
    False
    Boy your chicken salad sandwiches sound yummy! I'll need to try them your way.
    False
    All of the above and some cranberry sauce.
    False

Live your life so you don't have to hide your diary.

Your chicken salad sounds absolutely delicious. With chicken salad, a clump of dk seedless grapes go well. Also a nice cream soup such as cr. of potato or cream of broccoli, especially in this kind of weather, hot soup goes with anything.
    False