Stovetop Stuffing in crock pot?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Stovetop Stuffing in crock pot??

Last post Nov 27, 2009 9:55 AM by stcharlesrose58 . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Stovetop Stuffing in crock pot??
    I am doing two things tomorrow that I have never done before - using Stovetop stuffing and cooking the stuffing in the crockpot.

I assume I can just cook this like it says on the box and then just use the crockpot to keep it warm?

There is no reason I can't cook it today and then refrigerate and warm up tomorrow in the crock pot?

I am having all of DH's family this year - about 20 - and have decided to simplify things. Hence the boxed stuffing. I'm feeling a bit guilty already.
    False
  • RE: Stovetop Stuffing in crock pot??
    At least 'doctor up' the Stove Top....melt more butter than it calls for, and saute some chopped onions and celery in the buter until it's released it's flavors. Then add a little extra Poultry Seasoning..I prefer it over Sage. And instead of using water, or all water, use Swansons Chicken Broth...You can make that stuff taste a whole lot better with a little extra touches added to it!

And I don't think I'd make it until in the morning...It has the real potential of turning in to gumbo or glue if you bake it too long! I'd just make it on the stove top, and then into the crock pot to keep it warm, rather than to cook it there!

You could go ahead and chop the onion and celery and 'microwave saute' it in the butter, then refrigerate it..and it's ready to go in the morning. It's not that hard to boil the fluid and add the vegies in the AM.
    False
  • RE: Stovetop Stuffing in crock pot??
    Thanks. I boiled the giblets for the cat and saved the water from that instead of just plain water.
    False
  • Re: RE: Stovetop Stuffing in crock pot??

beancountermom, How did the stuffing turn out? I'm doing ours today and wondered if it worked out for you.

False