Vicks on bottom of feet to stop coughing ! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Vicks on bottom of feet to stop coughing !

Last post Nov 01, 2007 11:26 PM by janicestar . 37 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 123
  • Vicks on bottom of feet to stop coughing !
    Well , I have my first cold in about 10 months which is a miracle in itself...

I am trying the vicks on the feet bottms,,and YES , it is working...

The coughing stopped after 5 minutes.

I did not put it on super thick like some people said...But a nice coat on the feet bottoms and the coughing stopped for about 4 hours...I just put some more on now..

Unbelievable....I will do it again and if I ever get a cold.

Also look under Recipes...allot of people commented on this..all positive...

Also said to put Vicks on toenails for nail fungus..

False
  • RE: Vicks on bottom of feet to stop coughing !
    Put a nice layer on the feet bottoms at night, and I forgot to mention, put socks on also...

Try it ...it works!!!!!
    False
    I had a bad sinus infection, which did not want to go away. I had taken a strong antibiotic, Allegra D, twice daily, nose drops and the sinus problems still continued after the antibiotic was finished. Taking the two Allegra D twice a day, I could not sleep well. I got desperate, and started boiling water and putting Vicks under my nose, putting a towel over my head and breathing in the steam. The Vicks and steam helped me get rid of the congestion that was still making me sick. It was amazing all the yuck that was still clogging my sinus's after taking all that antibiotic.

Thanks for the info on putting Vicks on the bottom of your feet. Sometimes the oldest remedy's are still the best.

Mary
    False
    "Also said to put Vicks on toenails for nail fungus.."

Just FYI: I work for a group of orthopedic surgeons and one of them has suggested this to several of our patients!

I haven't heard if it for coughs but, hey, if it helps I'd sure try it! :)

False
    My grandmother used Vicks for tons of things. Mosquito bites, dry flaky skin on your feet, sores of any kind, coughs, you name it. I still do that to this day. It also works wonders for a headache....just rub a bit on your forehead and lay down for a while. Unbelievable!

False
    Photobucket
    My wonderful mother....always did this and taught us too. My kids now in college do the same thing and their friends think they are crazy...but it works! Rub your feet really hard and fast with it and put the sock on!

We also with chest and nasel congestion rub it on our chests...then covered up....the vapor will drift up to your nose too!
    False
    DD - age 6 - refuses to take meds of any kind. She will throw them up if we force her to take them. The only thing I give her for colds is to rub Vicks on her chest, then cover with a soft cloth. It works for coughs and stuffy noses.
    False
    kidron...did you see now they have the little strips that melt on the tongue for cold medicine? Do you think that might work for your 6 year old?
    False
    My grandmother taught us that trick many years ago. Even when cough medicines wouldn't work, this did. Almost everyone I've given this hint to that has tried it, it worked for them.
    False
    honey if i knew it would work i would rub it all over my body and fishermans.....and buy it by the gallons...
    False
    I use Vicks all the time, but I've never put in on my feet for a cough, always my chest. Why does it work on the feet?
    False
    Yes Vicks on the bottom of feet(then put on Thick socks) and on your chest(put a thick towel to cover the chest). Be sure to wash off very well in the morning to "close" the pores. Works very well.
    False

Aspiring to inspire before I expire! Faith, Family, Friends!

False
    growing up, i always felt a lot better when i had a chest cold, and my mom rubbed vick's on my upper chest and neck. we had a special rag just for that purpose, and it was secured with a big safety pin. :)
    i had to keep my hair out of it though-too greasy. LOL
    False
    Someone should write Dr. Gott. He recommends Vicks for toenail fungus and a bar of soap for crampy legs.
    False