How much are homes going for... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How much are homes going for...

Last post Jul 07, 2006 3:22 PM by DelawareHummie . 61 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 3 of 5 (62 items) 12345
  • RE: How much are homes going for...
    Try:
    Schock Real Estate.com (small town ND)

Luckow Real Estate.com

Schock has prices listed, Luckow does not.
    Lots with all utilies here are from $3000.00 to $6000.00 (depending on size.
    Country acreage is from $500.00 to $1000.00 p acre for farmland.
    False
    In the Midwest homes are far more moderately priced but then it doesn't cost as much to live here.
    Two hundred thousand will buy you a pretty wonderful home and three hundred thousand would be grand. There are of course lovely areas closer to larger cities with Lake side lots that are going for much more.
    Friends of ours moved back from California and their home was sold for around seven hundred and fifty thousand out there and the home they bought here was much nicer and they purchased it for a mere fraction of that cost.

Molly

Molly
    False
    "the DC area's median house price was at $432,900 as of year-end 2005"
    False
    For in the final analysis, our most basic common link, is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's futures, and we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy Click for Manassas, Virginia Forecast
    a starter homes runs between 115,00 and 130,00 if you are willing to do some reno's. I live 500 miles north of Vancouver B.C.
    False
    Here in northeast NJ, most homes that I've seen listed have been over $300,000 and that would be for a 3 bedroom/1 bath little ranch. If you want something bigger expect to pay alot more!!!
    False
    Molly is right. Here in the midwest you can get decently priced homes.
    So many older homes are for sale because everyone wants to build a new home. They have had to lower their prices on the older homes which allows for great prices.
    I went with a friend awhile back to look at a beautiful older home on a an acre of land. 4 bedrooms, large kitchen, 2 baths, huge laundry room, dining, formal front room and library. It came with a 2 car garage and a greenhouse. The gardening was beautiful. Unfortunately for her someone with cash grabbed that one up for 156,000
    Their is a starter home down the street from me that is adorable with new roof, siding and carpet for 45,000
    I look for it to be gone real quick.
    False
     Photobucket
    I live in a very (800 people) small Hamlet. About 1/2 hour to a large city, just far enough away. House prices have jumped alot since we moved here 1 1/2 years ago. We bought a new house 2300 sq ft on a 1 acre lot for $280K. We have been offered $360K for it. Not taking it. We love our house as much as those who want to buy it! All the houses around us are now going for between $324K - $380K - alot smaller than ours. No plans to move within the next 2 decades!
    False
    We live in So. WI. Small subdivision in the country....9 homes.We have a 2 acre lot that we bought for $5000.00 27 years ago. Built our house ourselves with a $25,000.00 loan. Two of the homes out here have been sold within the last year...one went for $269,000.00.....our "dearly missed" neighbor sold her's for $229,000.00.

Lady down the road sold off some land that had been divided into 4 lots....acre each....they went for $100,000.00 each.

I realize inflation counts here,but "holy cow"....how can people afford that?

lazyme
    False
    i'm in fairbanks alaska and have seen nothing less than 150k here for like 1 bedroom places.
    False
    Grelo, you missed Pullman and Walla Walla. But buy now. Walla Walla is run over by wine folks, and Pullman is a university town getting ready to expand. It's neat out that way, though.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    New homes, very little traffic, nice neighborhoods....around $350,000-$450,000. This in the central valley of CA.

Cali
    False
    Prices are still reasonable where we live(Indian Reservation Wa state) We have 30 acres over looking a lake with a 1500 sq ft house on it built in 1977 a 2 car detatched garage and a couple of out buildings and were told we probably could only get around $130 thousand for it. I would like to move but wouldn't be able to find any thing elsewhere as good as we have for near that price. Marge
    False
    P S Dody, It doesn't rain all the time in Wa,that is mostly on the west side of the state,The Cascade mountains stops a lot of that rain. I live in Eastern Wa and we are rather dry here. Marge
    False
    My home has risen in price so much I couldn't afford to buy it now. The secluded area we bought in 15 years ago has suddenly become 'the' place to live in this area. It wasn't in the city limits when we bought it. Now it is. Our neighbors have sold most of their property surrounding their house in lots. Everyone had ten or more acres for a yard around us and the money is too good to keep it to grow grass and flowers. We have a runing creek on our property so that makes it even more appealing to buyers. No one can build by the creek on either side making our property very private in the middle of a lot of homes. I want to sell but DH wants to hold on.
    False
    Wash,. Chou, I did not kiss Walla Walla. I
    ;f someone wants to breather agricultural sprays Walla Walla maybbe fine but may as well live in CA, high Mexican population there.
    I didn't mention Pullman just because of the University. Hech, if you like seclusion and woods, kove to Republic, then you are out of the way.
    Cheney-Medical Lake area is not too bad a place to live, neither is MNoses Lake but niothing much in Moses except the lake.. The coast and also the east slope of the Cascades is getting crowded and high priced.
    You could always move to Tenino, not too far from Olympia but i would bet prices there have skrocketed.
    In Bowman/ND homes are higher now because of soeculators betting on an
    oil "boomlet". Someoil company has made contracts with farmers/ranchers foroilleases at $50.00 p acre. The only thing is, there are no big oil reswrves here, only small pockets and each boolet has not lasted over a year or two.
    I looked in the paper andthere is a very nice big 4 bedr house on 8 acres for $35000.00, 20 mi east of Lemon/SD. Lemmon sits right on the ND/SD border about 65 mi ea of Bowman.
    Elgin is a nioce little town, so is New England, neither too far from Dickinson and major shopping so if I were to move here again, I would look at them. Dickinson has about 20000 pop now and a new super Walmart, K-Mart, Albertsons and another very large grocery store called Dan's, A good dept store called Herbergers, hopsital and a very highly rated nursing home.
    The nicest place (scenery wise) of all the ones I mentioned would be Baker City/OR.
    You could always go to a small farming town south f Spokane about 30 miles called St. John, about 500 people when we were there in Ea Wash. Wehad friends in St John.They even have a gold course.
    How about Thermopolis/WY, good hot springs but I bet it has been
    "discovered" by now.
    I coud name a bunch of small places all over the western states, but it's time to roll up the sidewalk.
    So I'll say Good Night.
    Grelo
    False