Tasty Things to put in Pot Roast | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Tasty Things to put in Pot Roast

Last post Aug 31, 2006 10:22 AM by NickeyandBrian . 24 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 12
  • Tasty Things to put in Pot Roast
    I just put a roast on in the slow cooker and threw in some cream of mush. onoin soup mix and am going to add some more just not sure what sounds good any ideas?
    False
  • RE: Tasty Things to put in Pot Roast
    Do you include potatoes, carrots and onions? I don't care for the onion soup mix in mine...I think it makes it too onion-y.
    False

I always load mine down with fresh garlic cloves - the more the merrier :)
    False
    I toss in a couple beef boullion and a clove or 2 of garlic..
    False
    My tried and true addition is just a squirt of Gary's special sauce. Oh yum!

Hugs, Tootie.
    False
    I add fresh mushrooms, and a whole granny smith apple to my roasts. along with all the regular veggies...

Sometimes I add the last 1/2hour frozen long string beans....
    False
    I rub pepper and garlic on my roast before browning it. Then I put just a little Worchestershire sauce on it. I add potatoes, carrots, onion and beef broth and a bay leaf. The whole house smells yummy.
    False
    Yes i wound up putting potatoes, carrots, the cream of mush soup, onion soup mix, and I put in a packet of brown gravy mix just to see if it would boost the beefyness, and I did have beef broth on hand that i used, and fresh mushrooms. I havnt ever browned a whole roast before slow cooking it but I will have to try that next time. It is smelling delicious and i taste tested just a little and its going to be wonderful
    False
    Ah but it would taste OH SO MUCH BETTER with just a teeny squirt of Gary's special sauce. I'm a lucky girl.

Hugs, Tootie.
    False
    I love the pepper and garlic on my roast and sometimes, I cut a green pepper and lay that too on top of the roast. The green pepper really gives a roast a wonderful flavor. I use alot of Penszey's pepper blends, especially the Californina or Florida blends.

Mary
    False
    You can make Beef Carnitas.

Mix 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained, 3 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon salt. Make 8 slits in various places on a 2 pound boneless beef roast. Insert 1/2 clove of garlic in each slit. Spread the green chile mixture over all. Wrap and seal all in a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and cook in crock pot all day on low. Shred meat, mix in meat juices, and serve in tortillas with guacamole, sour cream, grated cheese, and chopped cilantro & tomatoes.

May substitute pork for beef, if desired. Also may bake in a 300° oven for 3 1/2 hours.
    False

Some days, I can literally see the testosterone floating in the air around here. 

I have one in the crock pot now, with onions, beef boulion, potatoes and carots. It sure smells good in the house,mmmm. I can hardly wait for supper.
    False

http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/

You can make Beef Tooties.

Mix 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, unwashed, 3 tablespoons itching powder, 2 teaspoons dried toenails, 2 teaspoons ground cum, 1 teaspoon beer. Make 8 slits in various places on a 2 pound boneless Tootie roast. Insert 1/2 clove of garlic in each slit. Spread the green chile mixture over all till she giggles. Wrap and seal all in a REALLY large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and cook in crock pot all day on low. Shred Tootie, mix in Tootie juices, and serve in tortillas with guacamole, sour cream, grated cheese, and chopped cilantro & tomatoes and barf bucket

May substitute BFC for Tootie, if desired. Also may bake in a 300° oven for 3 1/2 hours. or until you vomit
    False
    Yummy
    False
    Yummy
    False