Why is a black crow considered bad luck | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Why is a black crow considered bad luck

Last post Aug 31, 2012 1:27 PM by Catmint_WV_49F . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • Why is a black crow considered bad luck
    I was watching the new version of Family Feud and the question was: Name something that is bad luck. One of the correct answers was "black crows". I didn't know there was any other color than the black crow. Has anyone ever heard this before and why is it considered bad luck?
    False
  • RE: Why is a black crow considered bad luck
    I don't know but they're really smart birds.
    They say HEL-LO all the time.
    False
    The Revered, Reviled Crow Clan
    by Howard Youth

For centuries, a dark specter haunted the bloody battlefields of Europe. Waiting to feast on the dead, common ravens lined up at bloody clashes between invaders and invaded, tribes and kingdoms. War-weary observers could not ignore the jet-black scavengers, with their four-foot-wide wingspreads and cross-shaped flight profiles. Ravens, not surprisingly, were branded harbingers of bad luck, or death.

False
    " or whatever else tickles your fancy "
    I never thought of them as bad luck, just annoying because they're so loud.
    False
    "...good things come to those who wait. True, but unless you're making a souffle or catching the bus, better things come to those who do something."--Amy Alkon demotivational posters
    see more
    I remember reading in a book that crows take your bad secrets and tell them to the devil, so seeing a crow is like having the devil spy on you.
    False
    Change the world by loving people!
    Maybe they are mixed up with vultures, or like them? Like they fly around something that has died?

Or just the idea they are black (like black cats)

According to "totems" crows are considered wise and a sign of ancient wisdom and knowledge.

Sometimes when I am outside it seems like one is up in a tree CAWWWING to me directly. Like trying to get my attention.
    False
    I like crows because I saw them in my yard jumping into the air catching Japanese Beetles.
    Only thing I know that eats them.
    So I consider them good luck.
    False
    When we moved here near cornfields, my youngest was two years old and was afraid to go in the back yard because the crows would pick him up and fly away with him. I guess that would be bad luck! lol
    False
    Maybe they are bad luck for hawks.

The ones I have upstate are always chasing the hawks out of my yard.

They sure are lucky for all the smaller birds.
    False
    In Wales there is an old saying-
    If a crow perches on your house, it brings prosperity to those within.
    False

"She was not what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."

Mark Twain

IT has said to be as I have read today that the raven and crow are 2 different birds please look up .  Also I am about to read more on the crow as I am thinking it is the raven that eats the carcuses I will keep u posted going to read more now but I have been seeing many many crows in my path for over 3 weeks now they just appear and come to my side of my window and crow thwy are in my back yard as isit and they crow and as i am driving they just keep appearing  interesting .

False

WELL I HAVE DONE MORE RESEARCH CROWS ARE ALSO SPIRITUAL AS THEY GUIDE YOU IN THE SPIRIT WORLD , THEY WARN YOU ABOUT THINGS TO COME , THEY CAN SPEAK TO YOU ALMOST HUMAN FORM , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A RAVEN AND A CROW IS THERE WING SPAN AND THE WAY THE FLY AND CAW  THE RAVEN GLIDES , WHERE AS THE CROW FLAPS THERE WINGS , WHEN A CROW CAWS IT BOBS ITS NECK WHERE THE RAVEN DOESN'T ALSO THE CROW IS LARGER AND THE RAVEN BODY IS SMALLER , MOST LIKELY YOU WILL FIND RAVENS AT A CEMETARRY IN GROUPS , AND CROWS ALL OVER AS THEY WILL ALSO FLY IN FLOCKS , BUT CROWS ARE VERY SMART BIRDS AND CAN BE VERY PROTECTIVE OF THERE OWN FAMILY  IF ONE IS HURT THEY WILL CLING TOGETHER AND CAW VERY LOUD ,IT IS ALSO SAID THEY WILL BRING MESSAGES TO YOU FROM THE OTHER SIDE YOU JUST HAVE TO LISTEN CLOSE  THE MYTH OF THE CROW BEING A BAD OMEN IS HER SAY , THEY HAVE MESSAGES TO SHARE AND WE OF US WHO IS SPIRITUAL WE BE ABL TO CONNECT WITH THEM IN SOME FORM.

False

When those birds are in our yard, they are their own bad luck. 

False

http://mammascookin.blogspot.com/