Instant mashed potatoes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Instant mashed potatoes

Last post Nov 20, 2006 9:33 AM by purselamplady . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Instant mashed potatoes
    When I order mashed potatoes in a restaurant I always ask if they are real or instant. I can detect the flavor of an instant right away. I have been told that they are now much better then they used to be. I'm willing to give it a try if someone can tell me a brand that is exceptional. There are only 2 of us and it would make life a lot easier. I love mashed potatoes and will continue to use the real ones but thought it was worth asking.
    False
    Click for Cape Coral, Florida Forecast
  • RE: Instant mashed potatoes
    I never use real mash. I use Betty Crocker. My favorite is the Roasted garlic. They also have Herb and I think the other is Butter.
    False
    Betty Crocker Butter & Herb. To die for! The only instant potatoes I ever liked.
    False
    I can tell instantly (LOL)if potatos are "fake".

I do make instant from time to time. Betty Crocker's..."Potato Buds" is what I use. My DH likes Idoahan-Garlic Mashed.

Kate
    False
    I gotta look for the BC Garlic ones!Are they in small pkgs?
    Spelling correction..Idahoan

Kate
    False
    There is nothing like real mashed potatoes, they are the best. But when your in a hurry you have to do what you have to do. lol.

Betty Crocker Chedder and garlic are really good. I have also used Pillsbury Idaho in a blue box.
    False
    they come two packages to a box. ready in about 5 minutes. i think betty crocker makes good instant ones.
    False
    The only "instant" one I can eat is the refrigerated Bob Evans. They are pretty darn good.
    False

May you never forget to remember what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.                                                                                         

I like the Bob Evans refrigerated ones too. They are very good and when you don't want to make a bunch of real ones they can't be beat.

Dee
    False
    I never have minded instant mashed potatoes and almost always use Betty Crocker Potato Buds.
    False
    I've always made real, but my son tried Idahoan potatoes, and got me buying that brand from time to time. They're quite good.
    False
    Not a huge fan either, but you can make them taste better. I alwasy use more milk and less water then the directions call for. Plus I add parsley and a little pepper. The ONY brand I will buy is the Idaho brand. It is a brownish colored label. Here is a link from a taste test and mine beat betty Crocker.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/27/Taste/Instant_success_Try_I.shtml
    False
    My dad used to give my mom a hard time about using instant. When I was little he raved about how good KFC's mashed potatoes were. In high school I briefly worked for KFC and they were instant. It took a while for him to live that down.
    False
    I really don't use instant unless I absolutely have to. I get a brand from Sams, can't remember the name though. But I have to add butter, sour cream and cheese and bacon.
    False
    I would be killed on the spot if I used instant potatoes for anything but bread.
    False