Gift ideas for a 17 year old boy??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Gift ideas for a 17 year old boy???

Last post Nov 25, 2006 6:04 PM by nu2divorce . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • Gift ideas for a 17 year old boy???
    He's an avid gamer, but since he works he buys any game stuff he wants, plus I don't think $50 for a game is all that justifiable in our financial shape this year.
    He has a beater van named Rhonda, nothing you could buy for it could make it look better, but it sure does run good (for an '89 Clubwagon, LOL!).
    Besides clothes, I'm stumped. All ideas appreciated. Thanks, Vicki
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

• RE: Gift ideas for a 17 year old boy???
    CD's
    Gift cards
    money
    That's a difficult year to buy for!

Good luck!
    Molly
    False
    Ask Him!!
    False

I assume he is a senior. Perhaps things that he would usually pay for his senior year. For example, you give a gift certificate for the limo at senior prom. Or things that he needs to start buying for college.
    False
    Does he have his own TV? You can get DVD players fairly cheap now. CD's and gift cards are always good, as is cash! lol Floor mats for the van or one of those road side mechanics kits. (Especially if he has an old van, he might need it) My 17 year old wears those hoodies all the time, that might be a good idea. If he has a computer you could get him a flash drive, they are not too expensive and very handy to have. If he burns his own CD's, you could throw in a pack of blank CD's.
    False
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. "John Wooden"
    Cleaning supplies for the car
    Even a beater car needs to be washed and cleaned :)

Maybe floor mats for the car or a steering wheel cover (do people still use those? LOL)
    False
    Every teen driver on our Christmas list gets a gas card ... they love it !!!!
    False
    cologne? gotta smell good for the girls :)
    False
    As someone mentioned, I think a gas card would be a most welcome gift.
    False
    You can also buy cards to some fast food places.
    I know Sonic Drive In sells cards for whatever amount you want to put on them.
    False
    You can also buy cards to some fast food places.
    I know Sonic Drive In sells cards for whatever amount you want to put on them.
    False
    Bet he'd love the gas card. They like gift certificates to places like McDonalds and phone cards are great too; especially if they have friends who are long distance!
    False

Is there a greater fault than being conscious of the other person's faults?

Kahlil Gibran

Buy a can of Popcorn, and put a gift certificate in it for the local movie theater, or a DVD, or gift certificate for Block busters or the like.
    False
    Thanks for some great ideas, my 14 year old DD is so easy this year, but he is my stumper, I especially like the gas card, cuz his van is a gas pig!!!!
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

Vicki,
    How about gift certificates for places to take his gf out to. Movies, restaurants, gas (was a good idea!) etc. Clothes, always need those. Car repair kits for the trunk. Maybe a magazine subscrition, or membership to an auto club. How about toys? RC truck, nerf shooter gun thingies... always have to give my 28yo ds something to play with! What are you getting Dana? My kids are getting coal. Easy to shop for!

Hugs,
    Cherie
    False