How tall is the average five year old boy? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How tall is the average five year old boy?

Last post Dec 05, 2006 2:09 AM by zenda . 19 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) 12
  • RE: How tall is the average five year old boy?
    When DS was two, the doctor told me he'd be 6'4". Guess what? He's 6'4" & has been since he was a sophomore in HS!

The doctor said you can pretty much double their height at age 2 & that's what they'll be when they grow up. Worked for us! :)
    False
    When I was 5 in my homeland of iraq...I new a boy who was 5ft and had gone through puberty.
    False
    Duka Abaaniferan [IMG]imag1068.jpg[IMG]
    carottop....I have a 6'6" DS too.. with a 14/15shoe...Nordstroms they even have a website.. Nordstrom.com they have all the BIG sizes or can get them...DD(6'3") wears a 12/13 womans shoe..I can always find them there!! you get what you pay for!!!
    False

Old age ain't no place for sissies . -Bette Davis-
    Thanks Pags, that's the one I was looking for. My boys should be between 5'8 and 6'1 according to that. Big range! The dr. said they will be 6'3, but I think that's a bit tall considering I'm 5'4 and dh is 5'10.
    False
    I don't know if the average is really anything to go on. I was always tall until high school and just stopped at 5'7'', my siblings were all average in grade school- my sister only reached 4'11'', both of my brothers only reached 5'7" as well. My children were always average height and my daughter reached 5'5" by 5 grade and that was it she's now 22. My son however really sprouted in high school and at 20 is 6'6 1/2" at age 20 so he may not be done yet.
    False