panera bread souffle | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

panera bread souffle

Last post Dec 15, 2006 9:28 AM by Cookjoy . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • panera bread souffle
    Forgot to mention that I was in hog heaven today. I was at two events the one in the morning was done by panera bread. Has anyone had the spinach artichoke souffle? Yum Yum
    Any copycat recipes out there
    False
  • RE: panera bread souffle
    I like the bacon spinach souffle!
    False
    that was good too. Yea I eat more than one.
    how about a recipe so that I can just settle in for the winter with my quiche (smile)
    False
    I did a search and found this, but it wouldn't give the measurements!

Spinach & Artichoke
    Spinach, Romano cheese, red peppers and artichoke hearts, lightly flavored with a hint of garlic & a dash of Tabasco

Ingredients: Spinach artichoke egg souffle (eggs, skim milk, spinach, Parmesan cheese [cultured milk, salt, enzymes], Romano cheese [cultured milk, salt, enzymes], artichoke hearts [artichoke hearts, water, salt, citric acid], soybean oil, red peppers, Neufchatel cheese [cultured milk, cream, salt, carob bean gum, guar gum, xanthan gum], onions, water, green onions, modified corn starch, garlic, salt, bleached wheat flour, baking powder [sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate], Parmesan cheese paste [granular and Parmesan cheese {cultured milk, salt, enzymes}, salt, lactic acid, citric acid], lemon juice concentrate, Tabasco sauce [vinegar, red peppers, salt], mono and diglycerides, spices, xanthan gum), croissant dough (enriched flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid] butter [pasteurized cream, natural flavor], water, whole milk, sugar, yeast, whole eggs, vital wheat gluten, salt), Asiago cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt and enzymes, powdered cellulose added to prevent caking).
    False
    IN GOD WE TRUST!
    I found this Copy Cat Recipe!

I cheat and use the Crescent rolls from Pillsbury if I don't have time to make them from scratch.

PANERA BREAD SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE EGG SOUFFLE

2 packages crescent roll dough (or dough from home made croissant recipe)
    6 eggs, separated
    1/2 cup defrosted spinach, well drained and fluffed
    1/4 can plain artichoke hearts, drained, cut in small pieces.
    1/4 finely diced red bell pepper
    shredded cheese (5 cheese blend)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Roll out crescent roll or croissant dough to a 6 inch square. Line 12 ungreased muffin pan cups or 6 individual souffle pans with dough.

Combine egg yolks, spinach, artichokes, and red peppers; set aside.

Whip whites to soft peaks. Fold into spinach mixture.

Spoon in egg mixture into dough lined cups or dishes. Top each with 2 tablespoons or more of shredded cheese. Fold over dough to cover completely.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes so egg mixture is not runny.
    False
    IN GOD WE TRUST!